If you were in front of your refrigerator right now, how many business magnets would you see? 10? 20? Let’s face it – almost all of us keep these handy promotional magnets on our home and business refrigerators, file cabinets – even in or on our cars! Promotional magnets offer the small business owner a high return on investment: these custom magnets cost only pennies each and can remain in view of your customers or clients for weeks, months, and even years.
The top things to know about magnet advertising:
1) Customized magnets are a great way to keep your company and products at the forefront of customers’ minds, while attracting new customers who notice them.
2) Advertising magnets (when ordered in bulk) can cost as little as 10 cents each; for a few hundred dollars, you can get a large supply of these customized magnets (think: mini-ads) to send home with your customers.
3) Business magnets should contain your company’s vital info: name, phone number, address, and Web site address, so the customer has the info at his or her fingertips immediately.
Determine the best style for your promotional magnetsWhich style (or styles) of business magnets will best suit your needs, budget, and giveaways? Whatever type of magnet advertising you choose, remember to stick with your company's logo, colors, and overall advertising theme to help create recognizable branding.
promotional products, including magnets.
Company logo magnetsCompany logo magnets can often give you a big return on a small investment, and they're likely to remain in the customers' minds much longer than those flashing banner ads your competition uses on various websites.
Magnetize your business cardsHowever eye-catching your business card is, it's not going to make any impression if that card gets misplaced or tossed in the trash, an unfortunate fate that awaits most business cards. A magnetized business card is one of the smartest promo magnets you could invest in - a way to keep your business card right there, sticking to your clients' and customers' file cabinets, refrigerators, and dashboards - so they're easily accessible at all times.
Save money on promotional magnetsThe price of promotional magnets is nominal, but depending on the magnet you choose, that price can jump higher than you might have budgeted. To keep the cost low, go with fewer colors, and order in bulk - the more you order, the better price you'll get.
Consider customized magnetsA great way to catch potential customers' eyes is through customized magnets that reflect your company logo, especially if you use these magnets in new-and-improved applications - for example, on your car doors, or in lieu of bumper stickers; magnetic clips embossed with your company logo and info; or banner-length advertising magnets. Prices range anywhere from a few cents per advertising magnet to several dollars each for the larger or truly unique magnet options - so check your budget before you hit that "Place Order" button!
Business.com’s Promotional Magnetic Calendars page for a full listing of promotional calendars that double as advertising magnets. Visit Absorbent, Ink. to check out their promotional magnet choices.
- Before you order, make sure you're clear on all pricing, including any "extras," set-up or art design fees, additional color printing charges, and even cancellation fees.
- Set-up fees for promotional magnets are often higher with the more colors you add to the imprint.
- Ask about the production time for magnets before placing your order, especially if you're planning to give them away at a particular event or trade show. Most places take 10-12 working days to create the magnets, plus shipping time, though other places will offer to "rush" a job for a premium price.
- Remember that - just as with purchasing other printed promo items - you'll usually pay less for the single-color promotional magnets with a simple line of text or logo, than you will for the 4-color cutting-edge (or is that writing edge?) imprinted magnets with all the gimmicky doodads.
- Mix up your promotional magnet selection, but keep the logo consistent - and soon everyone will recognize it on sight.