Steel bars in windows and doors are a visual and physical deterrent to criminals interested in your inventory, cash or property. Steel bar products used for security contain alloy steel bars or stainless steel bars. The bars come in many shapes, including steel square bar, round and triangular. Several finishes are available, including high gloss, rust-proof and scratch-proof coatings. Buy no-frills steel bars for security in standard sizes for regular windows and doors or have the products custom made for nonstandard sizes or decorative designs.
Security steel bar distributors offer two main styles, fixed and retractable. Fixed bars mount into the window frame or the surrounding wall. Welded bolts prevent removal. Fixed steel bars are highly effective but obstruct the view and prevent emergency exiting. Retractable bars secure doorways and windows and run on a track. They roll back when open and expand to close. Instant locking mechanisms offer immediate security when closed. Before you buy steel bar security consider the following:
1. Count the number of windows, doors and entry points to cover with steel bars.
2. Determine if you want fixed or retractable steel bar products.
3. Consider custom-made steel bars to secure nonstandard entry points and maintain curb appeal.
Arrange for quotes from security steel bar distributorsGet security steel bar quotes by answering a few simple questions online about the number of entry points, size of entry points, desired product features and business location.
Buy steel bars in standard sizesStandard steel bars are available for self or professional installation. They look utilitarian but are highly effective.
Order decorative, custom made steel barsCustom-made steel security bars can be visually appealing while providing peace of mind. A security steel bar supplier providing custom-made products can recommend designs or work from your suggestions. In general the more complex the design, the higher the price.
- Ask your security steel bar supplier to provide the bars primed for painting. You can then spray paint or brush on the color of your choice.
- Allow for sufficient space in the installation of steel bars to permit windows to be opened and closed from the inside of your building. You can enjoy the fresh air and still maintain security.