Reliable real estate appraisal information resources are necessary to ensure you can offer your clients timely and accurate property value assessments. Some appraisers may choose to do both commercial property appraisals and residential appraisals, but they will typically specialize in one or the other. Independent property appraisers or real estate appraisal services firms perform several tasks to help you access property values including collecting and analyzing data from multiple sources; staying current on government regulations, zoning laws and real estate appraisal standards; understanding construction and building materials; knowing the marketplace and local trends; and producing written reports on inspected properties.
There are several online and local resources from which to obtain valuable home appraisal information and other real estate appraisal info. Online real estate appraisal services offer convenient, quick property valuation results. You can also use the Internet to find local property appraiser information and search well-known appraiser associations for real estate appraisal references.
Take the following steps to locate reliable real estate appraisal information resources:
1. Use online property valuation services.
2. Obtain information on local real estate appraisers.
3. Find real estate appraisal references.
Use online real estate appraisal information resourcesIn today's market, investors need land appraisal and property appraisal materials returned quickly to avoid missing out on a good deal. Valuation service providers offer instant access to commercial and residential property valuations.
Obtain local property appraiser informationLocal licensed appraisers are generally familiar with the property location. Use online property appraiser directories to help you get in touch with local, licensed appraisers.
Get a real estate appraisal referenceProfessional appraiser organization websites are a useful real estate appraisal information resource. These websites not only provide directories of accredited appraisers, but also offer general information about the appraisal process.
- Be sure to review all property appraisal information, whether ordered online or through a local appraiser, closely and contact the appraiser or appraisal services firm to address any discrepancies.
- Network with other professionals who commonly need, or whose clients need, a real estate appraisal service. These professionals include mortgage brokers, bankers, real estate brokers, real estate agents and real estate lawyers.