Utility industry recruiters specialize in finding, screening and providing human resources for corporations in assorted utilities markets, such as electric power plants or water treatment facilities. Recruiters and their counterparts, executive search firms, seek qualified candidates in mid to upper management for interim and permanent placement with utilities corporations worldwide.
Corporations negotiate recruiting services on contingency or retainer depending on the energy recruiting policies and employer’s preferences. Contingency searches are typically the most useful for locating mid-level general staff. Retained searches are the best option for executive and technical recruiting.
Before contacting a utility recruiting firm about an open position, gather the following information:
1. A written job description outlining exact duties and expectations;
2. A comprehensive salary and benefits package that specifies negotiable and non-negotiable terms;
3. A list of educational, technical and operational experience required; and
4. The preferred temperament and managerial style you're looking for in a candidate.
Explore utility industry recruiting servicesUtility recruiters are a cost-saving resource for HR departments. They sift through less desirable candidates and bring pre-screened, highly motivated personnel to your firm for consideration. Why waste time with costly, unproductive interviews? Recruiters simplify the process so HR managers have a high-quality pool of applicants.
Utilize utility industry executive search firmsUtility recruiters who specialize in senior management are the most effective solution for locating, courting and negotiating the services of top-tier personnel.
Consider interim recruiting services for the utilities industryShort-term projects and seasonal spikes can create a need for staff member services of a temporary nature. Interim staff is a readily available, economically sound HR solution.
- Notify utility industry recruiters up front of any delicate situations or "off limits" personnel. For example: If you know recruitment among a competitor's former staff is likely to cause a professional rift, forewarn your recruiting agent to disregard those resources entirely.