Whether you own a bar or restaurant, you will likely need to use a commercial grade blender at some point. Without one, you could not offer your patrons frozen drinks or even soup. A blender adds variety to your menu, making your customers more satisfied and saving you the time it would take to crush or mix by hand.
You will want to spend more on a commercial grade blender that will be in use frequently throughout the day. Before you rush out to buy commercial blending equipment, you should evaluate the following:
1. How much do you plan to blend at once?
2. What will your commercial grade blender be mixing most often?
3. Where will the blender be located in your place of business?
Buy commercial grade blending equipment that is the right size for your businessIf you own a bar or restaurant in which frozen drinks are popular, your commercial bar blender needs to be large enough that you can make several drinks at once. However, if you rarely sell frozen drinks, or patrons do not often ask for the same type of frozen drink at once, there is no use buying a large blender. The same goes if your restaurant does not often sell food items that require blending.
Choose commercial use blenders designed for specific mixingIf you own a bar and plan to mainly make frozen drinks, be sure to buy a blender that easily blends ice. However, if you need a blender to puree vegetables or mix soup, choose blenders for restaurants that specialize in this task.
Spend less with a basic commercial grade blenderIf your restaurant or bar largely depends on the sale of frozen drinks or dishes that require blending, you probably have no problem spending a decent amount of money on a high quality blender. However, if you are simply adding a blender to your business as an afterthought, consider spending less with a more basic product.
- Pay attention to how easy the blender is to clean. Commercial strength blenders with removable blades and buttons that are flush with the rest of the machine often make cleanup quicker.
- If your foodservice blenders are visible to customers, match the color to your interior design.