Everyone wants to eat healthier these days and the design of woks allows food to be cooked quickly. Pushing the food up the wok sides allows the oil to drain from the food and keeps the food away from direct heat so that it doesn't overcook.
With so many woks for sale, it will be difficult to select just one. To help determine which of the commercial woks for sale will be best, you will need to answer the following questions:
1. Do you need a round-bottom or flat bottom wok? A round-bottom wok is unstable on electric burners.
2. What kind of handle do you want? Traditional woks have two small handles. Newer large commercial woks have a tiny handle on one side and a long sturdy handle on the opposite side.
3. What metal do you want your woks to be made of? Do you want a cast iron wok or a stainless steel wok?
Choose the metal of your Chinese wok carefullyThe type of metal that you select will impact wok prices. Traditional woks are made of cast iron, but that can make the wok heavy although it is still a good choice if you do not mind the weight. Carbon steel woks are an excellent choice due to the lightness of the metal, durability and heat retention and stainless steel woks are comparable.
Purchase wok suppliesIf you are buying a wok, then you will also need to buy wok supplies and accessories and a spatula and a ladle are essential for wok cooking. Did you know that most woks do not come with a cover? Most of the time you won't actually need a cover for wok cooking, but it is useful for times when you would like to steam food in your wok.
Buy large commercial woks for heavy duty cookingIf your kitchen does heavy duty cooking then you will need to buy large commercial woks. Commercially constructed woks will last for years to come, and are built to take the punishment that restaurant kitchens will give it. While commercial woks might be more expensive to buy, you will see savings over time because they will last for years to come.
- Round-bottom woks can easily be used on an electric burner if you purchase a wok ring. The wok ring fits over the burner and keeps the wok steady.
- If you purchase a carbon steel or a cast iron wok, you will need to season it before using.