Purchasing restaurant counter tops and restaurant cabinets from a large commercial cabinet and counter manufacturer is one of the biggest investments you will make in your business. Additionally, cabinets and counter tops for restaurants serve a purpose that is both aesthetic and functional. So you'll want to be sure that your new restaurant counter tops and cabinets are properly installed and able serve you and your customers for years to come.
This guide will help ensure you are making the most of counter tops and cabinets for restaurants. Read on to learn how to:
1. Install a restaurant counter and restaurant cabinet;
2. Maintain a commercial counter top;
3. And make sure your restaurant counters conform to ADA requirements.
Install commercial counter tops and cabinetsWith installation costs often accounting for more than half of the final price of a new counter top, you can save a great deal of money by installing your counter yourself. This is an intermediate job that can be completed by most people who have a basic knowledge of the steps involved.
Maintain restaurant countersWithout proper care, your restaurant counters can become scratched, stained or damaged. It is important you and your employees know the proper preventative measures that will keep your restaurant counter top looking like new. If damage has already occurred, a professional can often fix it by refinishing the counter top.
Be sure your restaurant counters meet ADA requirementsThe Americans with Disabilities Act requires that sales and service counters are accessible to everyone. Strict regulations are set for counters of different sizes and uses, so you will want to read through the requirements to determine which ones you must meet.
U.S. Department of Justice provides informational and technical assistance on complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act. A detailed description of what is required for restaurant counters is available on the website. Adaptive Access is another source to learn about ADA compliance.
- Do not attempt to install commercial counter tops or cabinets without at least two people to assist in the project.
- Take time to regularly review the guidelines for the proper maintenance of restaurant counter tops with your employees. After all, they are the ones who will be using the counter tops most of the time.
- Be sure to check with your local city or town to make sure they do not have additional access requirements beyond ADA.