Nothing catches a shopper's eye like a mannequin. And studies show that clothing sells better when it's displayed on mannequins and body forms. That's because mannequins and body forms bring clothing to life and let customers get a better look at the fit and fabric. Ideal for both retail environments and trade shows, mannequins can lead shoppers through your store or entice them to stop at your trade show booth. Mannequin styles are constantly evolving and today's mannequins and body forms look more natural and display clothing better than ever before.
When choosing mannequins for your retail store or trade show business:
1. Select mannequins in standing, seated or action poses.
2. Choose women's, men's or children's mannequins to fit your needs.
3. Consider using body forms rather than a full-size mannequin if space is limited.
4. Consider buying mannequins in skin tones that reflect your shoppers.
Full-size mannequinsTypically made of fiberglass, full-size mannequins may be sold as a single unit or in separate, attachable pieces. Prices usually depend on style and flexibility - the more flexible, the higher the price. For most retail environments, mannequins with positionable arms and legs are sufficient to provide a variety of poses.
Body formsDon't have room for full-size mannequins? Consider body forms, including torso forms, butt forms, hand forms, head forms and leg forms. Space-saving body forms can be placed on countertops or tabletops and can be used to sell clothing, accessories, sporting goods and more.
Specialty mannequinsFor some retailers and clothing vendors, standard mannequins simply aren't quite right. A number of specialty mannequins are available to suit the needs of specialty retailers that sell sports apparel, maternity wear or lingerie.
Used mannequins and cheap mannequinsIf you want the benefits of displaying clothing on mannequins but don't have the budget, check into used mannequins and cheap alternatives. Inexpensive options include half round display forms, which are injection molded plastic and can be hung from almost anywhere.
Inflatable mannequins for trade shows and travelTraveling to trade shows with mannequins can be a hassle. Inflatable mannequins are lightweight and easy to pack.
- Change the look of your mannequins by investing in a variety of wigs and alternating them often.
- Mannequins are available in a variety of skin tones and in variety of colors, including bright colors, black or white.
- The standard female mannequin is 5'11" and a size 4 or 6. However, plus-sized female mannequins are gaining in popularity.
- Dressing mannequins isn't easy and can take some time. Seated mannequins are especially difficult to dress.