Making the most of self-storage companies is easy if you first educate yourself on the basics so you can make an informed decision. You'll want to first learn about the sizes of storage units available, the costs involved and the environmental conditions inside the containers so you can safely store your inventory.
Visually inspect any business storage facility prior to signing on the dotted line so you can see the space ahead of time. Most storage units are between 6 and 10 feet tall. Take a tape measure to determine the height of the unit and the size of the access door to ensure you have room to store the items you need to before you commit yourself to anything.
1. Take advantage of a self storage business that offers pickup service.
2. Choose self-storage units that provide you with 24-hour access to your stored items.
3. Find storage rental companies that provide climate-controlled units.
Save money and time with a self storage business that has pickup optionsCalculate the savings you'll see by using self storage companies that offer pickup services. Look for companies that bring storage containers to your place of business and await your call to transport that container to your individual storage unit.
Consider self-storage facilities with 24-hour accessIn reality you may never need to access a specific stored file in the wee hours of the morning, but there may be times when you need to replace a specific piece of equipment in your office or warehouse after regular working hours. Knowing you can access the items you store when it's convenient to you rather than convenient to the facility operators could be a determining factor in your choice of commercial storage companies.
Evaluate climate-controlled self-storage facilitiesTake a look at the items you'll be storing, and recognize that specific things like archived files need to be stored in climate-controlled environments. Discuss your idea of climate control with the storage facility, and make sure you agree on what that means before you make a final decision.
- Consider the convenience of the location of your unit when you're considering commercial storage options for your excess inventory. While you may not need to access your belongings frequently, being able to have that access when it's critical may be a determining factor as to which self storage space company you choose to do business with.
- Prepare to avoid the loss of items stored in commercial storage units by recognizing that unpaid bills lead to items being auctioned off. Create a chain of command to ensure rental bills are paid in full and on time to avoid this situation.