Intranet server developers have come a long way in making setting up an employee intranet more efficient and user friendly. When you're setting up your company intranet, you want to make sure you incorporate all of the best features and that it's easy for you and your employees to use.
Search out a network intranet server that has not only the options you want now in both hardware and software but also room to grow as your business grows. Your employee intranet should have lots of features for your employees, a history of quality customer service and little down time. You want intranet server providers who can help you customize your company intranet to suit your needs now and in the future. If you choose to host your intranet server in-house, make sure you get hardware that has room to grow.
1. Search for specific intranet servers that meet your business needs focusing on areas such as security, sharing documentation or training.
2. Consider purchasing the equipment to set up your intranet without the expense of a third party intranet networking host.
3. Purchase hardware with room to grow.
Buy company intranet server software to run your in-house intranet serverPurchase the software to set up your intranet server yourself. Not only will this save you money, but it also puts the intranet within your existing firewalls, making it an attractive option for those who want guaranteed security.
Look for companies that sell intranet server hardwareReliable hardware is essential to setting up and running your in-house intranet server. Be sure to purchase intranet servers that allow room to grow with large hard drives and that is runs at high speeds so the employee intranet speed matches the speed of your workers.
Look for servers for intranet server products that can be customized to suit specific business needsJust as your business is unique, so are the needs of your employees. With the wide array of intranet providers available to you today, look for one that is either individualized to your particular industry or one that suits the size of your business.
Consider the ease with which you can use the operating system that will run your company intranetChoose an operating system with which you're familiar and can work with easily. The operating system you use is the way your IT department will input the data you want on your intranet. Look for companies whose name you know and ask for a free trial or a demo of the product so you can test drive it prior to purchase.
- Look for intranet server providers that offer live demonstrations. The live demonstration allows you to navigate the product while customer support is online with you to answer questions and concerns.
- Make sure you have the staff in place to set up and run your intranet should you choose to purchase the equipment to do so rather than pay for a networking host. Select software and hardware together to insure compatibility.