International air freight forwarders solidify the alliance between you and your clients, and they bring your global efforts at commerce to fruition. You can use non-US air freight forwarders to gain access to countries that US based companies may not have access to.
Worldwide air freight forwarders help you navigate customs and entrance of materials into a country that you may not be aware of the regulations. They will work with you to ensure that you have crossed your t’s and dotted your i’s on all paperwork in countries where packages can be held up in customs for days or weeks. Your worldwide air freight forwarders can also help you determine when you need to ship to allow ample time for such customs inspections.
To find quality international air freight forwarders:
1. Go to industry-specific vertical search engines when conducting online searches for international air freight forwarders.
2. Ask around to other vendor friends. Take their advice on reputable international air freight companies.
3. Discuss any questions that you might have up front with potential international air freight forwarding agents.
Look at online search engines for air freight forwardersSkip generic search engines like Google. Instead go to industry specific search engines that can give you location specific air cargo freight forwarding information.
Check out non-US-based air freight forwardersYou can easily find country specific air freight forwarders to fit your air shipping needs.
Choose international air freight forwarders with worldwide locationsLook into air cargo freight forwarding companies with offices worldwide, not just agents. This will give you more flexibility in flight times, dates and delivery options. This will also help get your merchandise through customs as needed, and they will more likely have a person available to personally go handle a shipping issue or emergency if your package or shipment is detained for inspection reasons.
- Make sure that there will be no language barrier with your air cargo freight forwarding company. You will need to be able to understand them, and they will need to be able to understand your questions or concerns. If they predominantly speak a language with which you are unfamiliar, be sure to make arrangements for a translator on your end or theirs.
- When settling on one of the many air cargo freight forwarders, find out their successful on-time delivery percentage.