Ever send a package with the wrong contents or to the wrong address and wished you could get it back? Now you can. An insanely useful new web-based shipping solution from UPS called Delivery Intercept lets you recall or redirect packages before they're delivered. A UPS driver can even receive your recall on a handheld computer right up to the moment before it is handed over.
It's like a shipping insurance policy that gives your business a "do-over" in case of a problem. For example: You accidentally fill a $50 order with $500 items, forget to put the most important document in a proposal, find that the address has changed, the recipient is out of town or discover fraud after a shipment has left the dock. No problem. Logon 24/7 and request an intercept. You'll have these options:
1) Return the package to the shipper (you)
2) Redirect the package to a new address
3) Hold the package for delivery on a future date
4) Hold the package for pickup by the recipient
Intercept comes at a price; it will cost you $10 each time, but you will only be charged if the recall is successful, and you can track every step of your intercept status online.
Familiarize yourself with intercept proceduresIf you need to save the day with a clutch interception, timing will be important. You'll want to know where to find and how to use the new UPS Intercept service ahead of time.
Answer your most pressing questionsIs the intercept guaranteed? (No, but you aren't changed if it isn't.) Can you intercept more than one package at a time? (Yes.) Can you cancel or change a request? (Yes, just go online.)
It's available several ways, including UPS Internet ShippingInternet shipping is one of the fastest ways to request an intercept
- Keep in mind that the interception will usually be made on the day of the scheduled delivery, not before, so you might have to wait a bit for it to happen depending on when you make your request.
- Before requesting an intercept, make sure you know what TYPE you want. Your choices include 1) return to sender; 2) deliver to another address; 3) reschedule delivery; 4) will call.
- In order to use UPS Delivery Intercept in CampusShip, the user must first be granted the privilege by the company administrator.
- To request Delivery Intercept through UPS Tracking, you must register for My UPS and activate a UPS Signature Tracking PIN. Beware, this process can take 7-10 business before you receive your PIN letter in the mail.