With millions of small and medium businesses using QuickBooks to manage their financial affairs, the industry for QuickBooks "add-ons" has blossomed. Add-on programs are essential to many small and mid-sized businesses because they are often the only way to get industry-specific or highly specialized functions. They're great for adding extra capabilities in key areas such as inventory, time and project tracking, invoicing, e-commerce and others.
Every year, The Sleeter Group -- a premier network of small business technology consultants -- names a new list of winners in its "Awesome Add-ons for QuickBooks" competition at an annual event that showcases cutting edge businesses management tools and technologies. The Awesome Add-ons award recognizes software programs, web-based applications and services that help enhance QuickBooks by giving users additional tools for managing their businesses. To qualify, technologies must seamlessly integrate with QuickBooks, and offer superior design, ease-of-use and conformance with appropriate accounting standards.
The 2010 Awesome Add-ons for QuickBooks are:
1. Method Integration, a web-based platform for QuickBooks that allows users to create customized, online business management systems with real-time syncing to their QuickBooks data. http://methodintegration.com/
2. ExpenseWatch.com, for its online system that offers automated tools for managing business spending processes, while ensuring that spending policies are enforced. http://expensewatch.com/
3. MISys SBM Shop Floor Control, which gives manufacturers enhanced tracking features for managing work tools, production centers, shop operations and manufacturing capacity. http://misysinc.com/
4. Connect Commerce, an ecommerce solution offering secure, real-time applications for sellers and buyers, giving each party access to more accurate data that can be automatically integrated into their accounting system. http://netfira.com/
5. Autofy, which reduces data entry tasks by synchronizing business records between desktop and enterprise software, online data sources, ecommerce systems and mobile devices. http://propelware.com/
6. Qvinci business management system, which aggregates data from QuickBooks and Excel, providing a dashboard view of financial information with forward-looking tools, drill down, early warning indicators and graphical data representations. http://qvinci.com/
7. Sharefile, for its web-based collaboration suite that lets users create custom-branded, secure portals for exchanging business files with clients and coworkers. http://sharefile.com/
8. Virtual Time + Expense, an online platform that simplifies preparation, approval and accounting processes for timesheets and expense reports, and includes features for time, class and project tracking. http://virtualsoftware.net/
9. ExpandedReports for QuickBooks/Fishbowl, a comprehensive and flexible reporting tool for business using QuickBooks of Fishbowl Inventory that helps consultants produce and customize reports for clients, filling the gaps left by standard reporting options. http://xpandedreports.com/
10. In addition to the above Awsome Add-ons, incMagic (http://incmagic.com/) search was named a "New Product to Watch." The system provides easy-to-use search functions within QuickBooks that lets users quickly search across any data in the program.
The Sleeter Group is a nationwide community of experts offering tech consulting services to small business owners, as well as training programs and seminars. They also publish a wide range of QuickBooks reference materials and textbooks used by more than 100 U.S. colleges and universities.