One of today's office time savers is voice recognition software, which translates dictated words into typewritten text as fast as 160 words per minute. Much faster than average typing, speech to text software is also 99% more accurate. Most diction software requires "training," where the owner dictates several spoken passages in a distinctive voice, after which the program will "recognize" the voice and be able to accurately interpret the words. Some of the latest software is so intuitive you can format your text, create and manage your email and even give mouse commands.
Overall, speech recognition software will simplify your dictation tasks, which will make your work more productive. An added bonus is with less typing, you avoid repetitive strain conditions like carpel tunnel syndrome. Consider the following when shopping for voice recognition software programs:
1. Find diction software that allows you to dictate directly into different applications.
2. If you run on a platform other than Windows, you need voice recognition software that will work with your particular platform.
3. Find speech to text software that lets you add words. If you are in the legal or medical industry, also consider software customized for your industry.
Search for a speech recognition program that you can use with various applicationsThe best voice recognition software is one that can integrate with multiple applications, including Word, Excel, WordPerfect and other Windows-based applications. Look for a comprehensive package with a variety of features.
Find speech recognition software that runs on various platformsWhether you have a Mac or run on a version of Windows, there is voice recognition software available for your particular platform.
Find diction software that you can expand or that has an industry-unique vocabularyA versatile software will let you expand the pre-existing dictionary for smoother translation. Also, those in the medical or legal industries can find software with industry-unique terminology.
- New technology allows speech to text dictation on mobile phones and directly dictates into any mobile-featured application.
- A voice recognition software review will give you an in-depth look at a particular voice recognition program. Be sure to visit review websites that provide consumer feedback and ratings on various speech to text software.