Deliver more for your clients in less time with the leading provider of professional tax software. Only ProSeries is faster and easier to use, so you can spend time ...
Professional tax software for CPAs, accountants, and tax professionals. Contains all the tools & features that smart tax professionals want & appreciate.
Drake Software is comprehensive, all-in-one professional tax software. With Drake you can prepare any tax return, personal or business, federal or state. Drake ...
TaxWise provides professional tax software and business accounting software solutions, e-filing and transaction processing services for tax and accounting ...
TaxSlayer Pro - Complete Professional Tax Software at an Affordable Low Price. Increase your earning potential with TaxSlayer Pro.
Reach active buyers and immediately increase your visibilityGet Started
Professional tax preparation software and integrated accounting programs for your small firm. Powerful, easy to use and affordable, ATX is an incredible value ...
TaxSlayer Pro - Complete Professional Tax Software at an Affordable Low Price.
Professional tax software for income tax return preparation, processing and electronic filing.
OLTPro OnLine Taxes Professional Software. Toll-Free Sales: ... OLTPRO, is professional tax software designed to MAXIMIZE your bottom line! Try it out today!
Professional Tax Software. ProTaxPro 1040 + W2 Unlimited. Unlimited 1040 Returns Unlimited W-2 & Form 1099. Unlimited Bank Product Returns ...
Sigma Tax Pro delivers a full range of essential services and software for professional tax preparers, accountants, and CPAs.
Comprehensive reviews of professional tax software, from planning through compliance including sales tax and wage reporting.
If you’re a professional, preparing taxes for others, you need the most comprehensive professional tax preparation software on the market. Others are counting on you to help them get the most from their returns. There are a variety of ways to decide what software you want to use, from cost to features. The most important part of making this choice though, will be reading through professional reviews. Your colleagues are using software and making recommendations. This will be helpful in your decision process.
Review Your Needs
As a tax professional, it’s critical that you find the review sites populated by those in your field. This will ensure that you are getting the right idea about the options that pertain to you. Before you begin sifting through the various programs, you should know what you need to keep your business running efficiently. The evaluations provided by CPApracticeadvisor.com may be helpful. When looking through the reviews, keep a these things in mind:
· Will you be doing taxes both state, federal, personal and small business? This will make a difference in what software you need.
· Can you personalize the software to match your workflow? This may be an important factor in deciding what software will work best for you.
· Do others in your office have access to the entire system? If you are working with anyone other than yourself, everyone will need access to the systems and files.
Fitting Your Needs
If price is a critical factor in your decision, you’ll need to find the software that can provide you with the most professional features for the least amount of money. You don’t want your client satisfaction to go down because you needed to tighten the budget. Many professional tax programs have tiered programs. This allows you to choose software from a good company, at a lower cost.
· Pay as you go: This option will be perfect for you if you do a small volume of returns. Different tax forms are charged at varying prices; the cost to file a business return differs from that of an individual. This can also help you determine exactly what to charge in order to turn a profit.
· Basic return package: If you are a smaller business, doing taxes for close friends and family, this program is perfect. Basic software provides you with many similar features as the professional package for a better price. Many companies will offer this for individual tax returns or business returns.
If finding a feature rich program will be best for your client base, you have plenty of options. Many software companies will offer similar elements, so picking out the right variety will be necessary.
· Training and support: If you are looking to brush up on your skills before the season starts, check for a program that offers reviews in their price.
· Archiving: This is an easy way to do more than one return for your client and decide which will be the best, before submitting.
· Live calculation: Some programs will calculate as you are entering information. If you are working through the steps with clients, this is a helpful feature.
· Built in E-Filing: With E-filing becoming more popular, it may be in your best interest to find software with this built in. It will make your life easier, as well as your clients.
As a professional tax filer, you probably have certain qualifications that you look for in your software. To make your decision easier you can sift through reviews and start to sort options by price or features.
Choosing which professional tax preparation software is time consuming. With so many options on the market you have to find the best ways to narrow down the field. There are a variety of ways you can do this, including reading through professional reviews. Others in your field are using different software systems. Finding a forum where you can read reviews, recommendations, etc, will be helpful in narrowing down your best options.
Once you’ve done that you can eliminate programs based on a number of things, including price and features. If price is a concern, you can find basic programs that are still suited for a professional. These offer many similar features of more in-depth tax preparation software, for a lower price. Another option if you’re running a small operation is to pay per return. This is also a good way to decipher exactly how much you want to charge per return and what you’ll need to make to break even or profit.
You can decide which features will work best for your business, depending on the needs of you or your clients. To begin browsing your options, check out the list of approved software providers to the left.
Receive tips, tools, and case studies with the Business.com Advisor, our weekly email newsletter
Thanks! We just sent your first issue
Briefly describe your project and get matched with the top vendors!