Pool and billiard tables come in a number of designs depending on the type of cue sport you play. The billiard pool tables most people have for home entertainment are 8- or 9-foot pool tables, though other shapes and sizes are available.
Contemporary pool tables also are available in a variety of designs. Some remind you of antique billiard designs, while others use new materials and aesthetics. Some new tables even offer multiple uses as convertible furniture.
When shopping for pool and billiard tables, look at the following:
- Look at a number of leg designs to pick the basic shape of the wood and browse different stains for a wood tone to match your decor.
- Check out convertible tables or custom tables for special orders.
- Shop for a coin-operated pool table for business use.
- Look for economy lines or used pool table dealers for less expensive options.
Look at different designs for pool and billiard tablesWhether contemporary or antique, billiard pool tables come in a variety of wood carving styles. Browse entertainment furniture collections to get an idea of the styles you're interested in, from wood shape to a stain color that matches your decor.
Shop coin-operated pool and billiard tables for your entertainment businessCoin-operated pool and billiard tables come styled as both antique and contemporary pool tables depending on the atmosphere of your bar, arcade or other business. Many coin-operated pool tables are available in non-coin operated versions, so the pool and billiard tables in your business can be identical to those purchased for the home.
Look at specialty pool and billiard tablesPool and billiard tables today can be found in several exciting options for people purchasing new. Convertible models allow multiple uses and you can use one as a dining table until you're ready to play. Custom pool tables are easy to customize and order online to your specifications.
Search used billiard pool tables and economy lines for cheaper optionsPool and billiard tables can be costly, but many reputable manufacturers have begun producing economy lines of entertainment furniture targeting students and young professionals. Used pool billiard tables also are fairly easy to find, although a local dealer is best for quality assurance.
- Pay attention to the pool table financing being offered by the company from which you purchase your pool table. Financing on pool tables can be difficult to obtain independently if you are uncertain about your credit, and may be easier with a company that is running a promotional special.