If you are the owner, operator, or manager of a privately-owned and commercial, or publicly-owned, swimming pool, school, college or university facility, swim club, surf school, or surf shop, then you know the importance of having cutting-edge, high-quality surfing and swimming equipment for recreational and competitive swimmers and surfers. Be aware that the quality of their equipment plays a determining factor in their competitive edge and enjoyment level.
High-performance surfing and swimming equipment starts with durable, high-quality swim and surf apparel. Surfers will also demand top-rated surfboards of all kinds; swimmers will need swimming supplies such as caps, goggles, nose clips and ear plugs. Having superior swimming and surfing training equipment is also vital for athletes looking to get the edge on the competition.
For your business to be successful, you will have to:
- Be knowledgeable about brands, styles, new technology and fit.
- Offer a wide range of surfing and swimming equipment.
- Update your inventory with the newest and most innovative products to generate long-term patronage from the local swimming and surfing community.
Be sure to offer a variety of swimming equipment for both competitive and recreational swimmersRecreational swimmers will be looking for swimwear, goggles and kickboards. Competitive swimmers need technical suits, goggles, caps, nose clips, ear plugs, lap counters, stopwatches and other competitive swimming equipment.
Offer top-rated surfing equipment for both beginner and advanced surfersNot only do surfers need surfboards, but they also need the proper apparel and equipment for an optimum surfing experience. Make sure you offer a great selection of top brands and styles of equipment for surfing.
Provide innovative and top quality swimming and surfing training equipmentCompetitive swimmers and surfers require a range of high-performance surfing and swimming training equipment to improve balance and strength, reinforce proper swimming techniques and maximize athletic performances. Keep up-to-date on the latest training methods and newest breakthroughs in training technology and equipment.
- Go the extra mile to provide valuable information on the latest surfing and swimming equipment. Goggles should fit comfortably and have a waterproof seal; fins should be snug but not too tight; wetsuits should fit well, be flexible and provide warmth. Inexperienced surfers should choose a soft board, which fits their skill level; advanced surfers will want a wide range of choices. Ill-fitting or poorly-chosen equipment will result in unhappy customers. Offer customer service and equipment selection that will satisfy both beginners and more experienced surfers and swimmers.
- Consider providing classes or personal instruction for beginning surfers. Provide safety instruction and information on new and innovative technologies. As your clientele become more experienced and their passion for surfing blooms, you will benefit from their long-term business and word-of-mouth recommendations.
- Providing maintenance and repair services will lead to long-standing relationships with your customers and may even generate word-of-mouth business. Be familiar with surfboard technology and keep an inventory of surfboard maintenance products on hand.
- Cultivate relationships with the local surfing and competitive swimming community. Consider sponsoring a charity swim or surfing competition in your neighborhood, or support a swimming team or club. These connections will be important to growing your business in the long term.