Business primarily uses metal storage containers to keep equipment and supplies temporarily on a construction or business site and to store excess inventory while on a job. This type of steel container may be 10 to 50 feet long with double doors, frequently at both ends.
These metal cargo containers are usually designed for easy loading at the supply source and rapid delivery by ordinary semi-trailer. A steel storage container moves easily into a secure storage location or warehouses that are at dock height, often without removing it from the trailer.
These metal storage containers also can be repositioned on-site or transported with a container mover. These vehicles are specifically designed to load and move a metal container without assistance or any need to unload them.
A metal container may be used for special purposes. Here are three examples:
- A high-security container. It is smaller with a more rugged construction and a better locking system.
- Models that can serve as temporary offices. These have air conditioning and insulated walls.
- Metal containers that are built for any number of uses and have furniture such as desks, file cabinets and tables already built-in.
Buy a steel storage container for permanent useIf your business needs require you to purchase your own metal storage container, you may want to get quotes from a variety of suppliers.
Use an industrial metal container as a temporary buildingMetal containers are commonly used as classrooms and modular offices. The modular design of these buildings allows for rapid occupation and greater productivity.
Rent metal shipping containers for temporary storageStorage trailers and on-site containers are usually cheaper than warehouses or permanent storage facilities and allow you to better manage transportation and warehousing costs.
- Check the dimensions of metal shipping containers, especially when they will be placed in an area with limited space. Be sure to distinguish between interior and exterior measurements because these can vary considerably. Additionally, the width and height of the door openings is frequently less than that of the container.
- Metal shipping containers are easily customized for use as a building. Common modifications include the installation of air conditioning, roll doors, lights and shelves. Additionally, containers can completely convert into hunting cabins, portable offices or refrigeration units.