There is little need to preach the value of networking to telecom professionals. In an industry devoted to improving methods of interpersonal communication, few job-related activities are more important than interacting with professional peers. Networking increases your company's profile and exposes you to the most current industry information.
Regardless of where you are employed in the industry spectrum, you will find that telecommunications industry events are a valuable way to make contacts and stay informed about the frequent changes that affect your job.
The benefits of attending telecom events are numerous:
1. Telecom industry events keep you up to date on technologies and regulations.
2. Telecom events may provide continuing professional education.
3. Telecom conferences give you the chance to network with professional peers.
4. Telecommunications industry events give you a great opportunity to share practical knowledge and experience.
Seek out events sponsored by professional organizationsNational organizations sponsor telecom conferences and trade shows. These events are great opportunities for networking with peers from all areas of the telecom industry. Increase your company's visibility by arranging to appear as a speaker or advertising in conference programs.
Consult providers of continuing professional education (CPE) in telecommunicationsContinued training is essential for telecom professionals to keep up with advances in technology. CPE providers are an excellent source of telecommunication conferences and seminars.
Attend a telecom event webinarFor those who would like to gain the knowledge provided by conferences in telecom without the cost and time required for travel, webinars are an ideal solution. These conferences and workshops presented through the internet may not have the same networking value as other telecom events, but webinars do allow two-way communication and interaction between speaker and audience. The cost of webinars varies widely, as do their quality. Some vendors offer to customize web events to suit specific business needs.
Read industry publications for updates on telecommunications industry eventsTelecom publications frequently advertise important upcoming events in telecom.
- Join professional telecom organizations to receive promotional information about important events in telecom, and to obtain discounted registration fees.
- Begin with local events to save travel costs and learn which types of events will be most helpful.
- Find out if your company will pay for you to attend professional events on company time.