Cell phone text messaging allows you to keep in touch with clients with ease and convenience. Don't want to bother them with another annoying sales call? Text them your latest prices, discounts and deals via a text messaging service.
Consider a text messaging service for internal use as well to facilitate rapid communication to your employees. If you need to send out scheduled communications to your staff, text pagers can be programmed to send out these updates. Texting pagers are also still the best bet for on-call employees. Although some businesses rely solely on cell phone text messaging, text messaging to pagers still has some advantages:
- Pagers can work inside office buildings, unlike some cell phone text message service options.
- A pager text messaging service gives clients a sense that they can always reach you without the worries of a missed phone call.
- You can send a text message to employees when you need to know their whereabouts and reach them in an emergency.
- A pager's battery ensures more reliability for urgent text messages. It has a longer life than that of a cell phone, so you don't have to charge it every night.
Pick a pager to save money on wireless text messagingPagers generally can save you more money over a cell phone plan for your business. If you don't need all the capabilities of a cell phone, a pager can generally allow you to keep in touch at a cheaper rate.
Buy software to manage text messaging to pagers from your desktopUse software on your desktop to send text message to business contacts. You can manage your contact lists, schedule and organize pages from your PC. Also, select software that fits the size of your business.
Consider 2-way text pagersIf you need to communicate sales reports to employees or deals to clients, consider a 2-way pager service that allows them to respond. This service comes at a minor cost in comparison to PDA's or smartphones. It allows you to receive e-mails even when your computer is off or you are away from the office.
- If you need 24-hour service, use an operator who can field your pages with beeper text messaging. It's a cost-efficient way to always be reachable without the cost of hiring more staff.
- Be sure to check the coverage maps of any paging service, especially if you are using a 2-way text messaging service.