A good health insurance lead system can generate a regular flow of interested, qualified customers who are ready to buy health insurance policies. Health insurance leads may come from consumers or even from businesses that call or answer print ads for information, but exponentially more are clicking through on Web sites or actively seeking competitive offers via the Internet.
This has created a boom, of course, in companies and sites working to channel those health insurance leads to health policy providers. In this guide, you'll learn:
1. The best sources for health insurance leads.
2. How to acquire live insurance leads.
3. How to find qualified health insurance leads.
4. How to filter health insurance leads by state.
Selecting a health insurance lead generation systemThe biggest providers of health insurance leads are the various rate quote sites, which besides offering a basic level of content and insurance information, encourage potential buyers to select a plan according to their needs and then request a quote. Once they complete the basic information, a health insurance lead is born.
Live health insurance leads can kick your sales pace up a notchHealth insurance lead generation is only as effective as the sales force working to close those leads. Increasingly, the Web allows for instant contact with hot leads. Live health insurance leads providers do the work of connecting the call, taking basic data and then transferring the lead to your sales team for the close.
A qualified health insurance lead system does more legwork in advanceBeyond search-engine based leads and live leads is qualified health insurance lead generation. These companies, usually telemarketers, do the pre-sale work by vetting the leads in person and identifying key executives in advance.
Find health insurance leads local to your sales effortOften, the key to higher close ratios is reaching potential customers who are in the right geographic area to your company's health insurance offering, where state or local laws might restrict who can buy what kind of plan. That means buying only filtered leads, which are selected out according to pre-set criteria.
- Hot health insurance leads should close fast in the right agent's hands. However, be sure your leads are fresh before paying.
- Beware of health insurance lead systems that do not screen do-not-call numbers. Fines for marketing calls to these numbers can cost you plenty.
- Be prepared to test several health insurance lead generation programs until you find the best fit for your sales operation.