Whether you're looking for used bay boats, fishing boats, ski boats or another kind of boat, you'll find many online resources to help you in your search. Start by narrowing down the type of boat you want. Choose a boat based on the use you have in mind, the space your business or family will need and the amount you're able to spend.
Find used bass boats for business or leisure for sale in your area by searching national databases of boat sales. Look for charter fishing boats, scuba and ski boats or other commercial boats online. If you don't find what you have in mind, expand your search to a larger area. Remember that the best deal may not be in your own neighborhood, and it could be worth the drive to find a great running boat at a good price.
1. Research the type of boat you want to buy before you shop. Compare different manufacturers and the options each boat has.
2. Find used boats for sale through local newspapers, buyers guides and national search engines.
3. Check a used boat over, test drive and have it inspected if you can before buying it.
Research used boats onlineFind information about used pontoon boats, fishing boats, sail boats and any other boats for personal or commercial use. Read reviews of different models and compare the options, safety and review information. Find a boat for your business that is reliable.
Search for used power boats, fishing boats, commercial boats and moreStart your search locally by looking over newspaper classifieds, buyers guides and local bulletin boards. But don't make any decisions until you search a few websites for boats for sale in your area. Choose as large or small a search area as you want or are willing to travel within.
Get prepared before you go shopping for used boatsSpend some time getting ready to shop for used fishing boats, or any kind of boat. Get acquainted with boat parts including the hull, motor and prop. Before you buy a boat, check it's value online, so you know if you're paying too much; and always have the boat inspected. If your boat will be used for business, make sure it passes an inspection and meets all safety codes in your area.
- When you buy used sail boats, don't forget to check the engine. The sails and other parts of the boat are also very important, but sometimes the engine is overlooked.
- Don't just look for cracks in the hull. They can be painted over easily. Feel all the way around the boat with your hands.