Filming camera equipment goes beyond just the cameras, lenses and film alone. Tripods, lighting and storage equipment are essential for any type of professional photography. Film camera equipment must also include the means to develop that film. This is true of both still camera equipment and movie camera equipment.
The greater list of supplies is one reason many photographers choose to switch to digital photography. For some, the extra supplies for film, camera and lens equipment are worth the enhanced quality of film photography. Extra camera and film equipment includes:
1. Accessories to help set the scene being photographed
2. Proper darkroom supplies for film developing
3. Equipment to store and secure film camera lenses, cameras and film
Set the scene with the right camera lens equipmentWhether you're shooting inside or out, you need equipment to make the setting on film perfect. An outdoor setting may need little more than a tripod to position the camera. An indoor studio needs plenty of backdrop screens, prop-ups and lighting to create the setting you want.
Purchase equipment for developing photos taken by a film lensThe biggest step in film photography is processing and developing the film. This requires the proper developing chemicals for both the film and photo paper, not to mention the paper itself and an enlarger to transfer the film images.
Protect your investment with adequate storage for professional film cameras and filmYour cameras, professional camera lens and film need safe and protective storage; you must ensure cameras and lenses are well-protected from hard contact damage. Film, meanwhile, needs protection from exposure to light or other damaging rays like ultraviolet or x-rays.
- Check your local listings for a film camera supplier in your area. Given the delicacy of most photographic equipment, you may want to avoid the risk of damage during shipping.
- Weigh the pros and cons of having an outside processor develop your film. The extra cost may be worth it if you're not experienced at processing.