Warehouse storage services vary widely from one company to another. To find a storage service that meets your business needs, you'll need to narrow down your options.
1. Make a list of the storage warehouse services that are most important to you.
2. Search for facilities in the area you would like your merchandise stored.
3. Narrow your options by looking closely at what each warehouse storage business offers.
If fast delivery is your main goal, find a warehouse storage business that offers fast shipping. Look for 24-hour turnaround times. Check each facility's inventory control methods. Find a company with assembly, shipping, receiving and docking options that work with your business.
Get warehouse storage quotesGetting quotes is a good first step in finding warehouse storage solutions for your business. Ask for quotes that include the services you need such as shipping, order fulfillment, docking capabilities, facility management, assembly, packing and more.
Find warehouse facilities with assembly optionsIf you have a product that requires assembly before delivery, find a warehouse storage service that will provide assembly and kitting.
Use a warehouse storage service with inventory capabilitiesKeep your business running smoothly by incorporating your inventory records right through the warehouse storage service you choose to use.
Warehouse storage and services for foreign tradeIf your company does a lot of business overseas, it makes sense to utilize a warehouse to meet your foreign trade zone needs.
Centrally located warehousingWhen fast shipping is your top priority, find warehouse locations that offer a centralized location and fast shipping capabilities.
Warehousing for special productsFind warehouse storage services for special products such as cold food or hazardous materials. Not all warehouse facilities have the capabilities to handle these products.
- Look for warehousing services that can process your orders within 24 hours.
- Ask for references. Most warehouse storage facilities will provide you with a list of current or prior tenants you can contact before making your decision.