Connecticut web developers create applications for the Internet or a distributed network that runs from a web server to a browser. Most web developers also are skilled in related areas that include web design, web server administration and search engine optimization.
Web developers in Connecticut contribute to a set of guidelines that they consider to be best practices. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) maintains these standards that developers use to enhance and improve web-based technologies. These advancements counteract the effects of novice web developers who frequently do not adhere to accepted standards.
Connecticut web development generally falls into one of the following three areas:
1. Front-end development by a Connecticut web development company relates to the interaction of the website with the user. This includes the actual appearance of the website as well as the means used to display information and accept user input.
2. Back-end development refers to the database portion of the application. This includes the maintenance and administration of the database in addition to the storage and retrieval of information.
3. Middleware is the term used to describe software that connects the front end with the back end.
Find experienced content developers to perform web development in ConnecticutConnecticut web design also includes the production of content and document conversions. Content development also includes the creation of guest books or forums and site navigation.
Hire a Connecticut web development agency that develops websites with eCommerce capabilitiesYour website will need features that include electronic funds transfer, online transaction processing and online shopping tools to sell products and services online. Find a web developer in Connecticut that has experience in building these integrated tools to help you create a global market for your business.
- The cost of a website is directly related to its level of functionality. The most inexpensive sites that web developers in Connecticut can make will do very little, but the cost will increase dramatically if you need a site with online payment processing, custom coding and advanced graphics. Web developers will need expertise in Flash and eCommerce development to provide these capabilities.
- Review the websites in the portfolio of web developers in Connecticut to see that they make a good general first impression on you with graphics that make the site look neither too sparse nor too busy. Additionally, you should check to see if the pages load quickly and are easy to navigate. A web developer should also have experience creating sites for your industry.