Like getting a business license or filing your corporate tax return, website development is a critical step toward business startup and business success. That's because in a world where Internet is king, website development services are a company's crown jewels. They help you create an online presence via your website, sure, but that's just the start. Web page development services also help you build sales, branding and customer loyalty.
An extremely broad subject, website development encompasses nearly every landmark imaginable during a company's quest for an Internet presence, from website conception to creation and beyond. Website development services, for example, include:
1. Domain name registration and website hosting, which are among the most basic website development services.
2. Website design, which is what most people think of when they think of website development.
3. Content development, which is where website development crosses the line from form to function.
4. Internet marketing, including search engine optimization, which can help you find an audience for your website development efforts.
5. Analytics, which are key in evaluating the ultimate success or failure of your website development efforts.
Get the website development ball rolling with domain registration and hostingBefore you can build a website, you've got to have a place to put it. The first step in website development, therefore, is to choose a domain name and find a server on which to host your site.
Slash high web development prices with do-it-yourself solutionsThese days, anyone can build a web page; development services and solutions that are designed for do-it-yourselfers make sure of that.
Take a website development shortcut with pre-designed web templatesWebsite development doesn't have to be long and laborious. If you want to plug and play, there are hundreds of dynamic and professional website templates online from which to choose, all customizable to your company's needs.
Save time on website development by hiring professional web designersBecause time is money, it might be best to invest in a professional website designer, who can build a custom website to match your brand and your goals. After all, if someone else is focusing on your website development, you can focus on your company's growth.
Elevate your website development efforts with rich content solutionsWebsite development is about more than designing your website; it's about populating it, too. You need web page development services, therefore, in order to fill your website with the text, features and functionality that will make it truly effective.
Accelerate website development with strong Internet marketing effortsFor every business, web development continues long after you've designed and even published your website. In fact, it's even more important while you're marketing it.
Use web metrics to inform continued website developmentBecause website development is an ongoing process, you must rely on web metrics and analytics to understand what is and isn't working within your web space.
- Website development must always start with a mission statement. Before you even think about hiring website designers and vendors, decide what you want your site to accomplish. A website that's intended to move products will be vastly different, for instance, than one that's intended to provide information.
- Don't let the high cost of premium website development services discourage you; web development prices run the gamut from extremely low -- free, even -- to extremely high. There's something for everyone, and the cost of avoiding website development is always far higher than the cost of investing in it.
- Let competition drive your website development. In other words, web development starts with browsing competitors' websites. If your competition is providing information or services online that you don't, you're at a serious disadvantage.
- In order to actively engage in your website development, it's a good idea to learn some basic HTML coding. Doing so will make it possible for you to edit and maintain your own website, without having to rely entirely on website development services and providers.
- Companies engaging in website development should keep Web 2.0 top-of-mind. That means including on your website as many tools for interacting with and engaging your customers as possible, including online communities, forums, blogs, customer reviews and more.