An earrings wholesaler is helpful to have for many different kinds of businesses. Often an impulse buy at the counter, earrings appeal to women of all ages and even some men. Earrings displays pop up in the most unlikely places - in grocery stores, stationery shops and clothing stores.
If you want to start selling earrings in your store, follow a few easy steps to find the right earring wholesalers:
1. Look for an earrings distributor that's close to home to cut down on fuel and other shipping costs.
2. Don't try to sell expensive designer earrings - it's hard to get discounted, authentic bulk designer earrings online.
3. Study the earrings your customers are already wearing, and offer a selection you think will appeal to them.
4. A typical markup for earrings is about 40 to 50%, so plan your purchases accordingly. If you know that your clients are middle-class customers that won't blink before dropping $50 on a pair of earrings, look at high end sites. But if your customers are scraping by, make sure you offer something affordable. Earrings can be sold as cheap as $1 or $2.
Buy your earrings online from local earring wholesalersIf at all possible, try to find earring wholesalers as close to home as possible.
Buy earrings that will appeal to a wide range of female customersYou'll want a decent selection of earrings near your register; think about what kinds of earrings will appeal to your customers and friends.
Look for a men's earrings distributorMen buy earrings too; this is especially true if your shop is in an urban area.
- Pay attention to the minimum order amounts on all sites selling wholesale earrings. Typically, a minimum order is $100 or $200.
- Invest in a professional earrings holder for the counter. Get the kind that spins. Don't buy earrings that need to be kept in glass cases and removed with your help; customers are more likely to buy earrings that they can touch.