Whether emerald gemstones are used as part of a birthstone collection or in high-end jewelry, emeralds have endured in popularity.
Emeralds gemstones are precious and known to be medium to dark green in color, sometimes bluish-green. Part of the beryl group of gemstones, an emerald gemstone is known for having inclusions or imperfections within the stone, which makes it one of the more fragile gemstones used in jewelry.
All emeralds must be treated in order for the inclusions to be sealed before being used in a jewelry setting.
Whether you want to add emerald jewelry to your retail business or you plan is to use emeralds in jewelry making, consider the following:
- Educate yourself on what makes a good quality emerald gemstone
- Attend trade shows to learn about genuine emerald jewelry
- Find reputable suppliers of loose emeralds and emerald gemstone beads
- Buy discount emerald jewelry from wholesalers
Educate yourself on what traits to look for in a good quality emerald gemstoneWhile cut, clarity and carat are important when evaluating an emerald ring or an emerald necklace, the gem is also evaluated by its inclusions. It is important to be educated on how emeralds are appraised and valued.
Attend trade shows that feature emerald jewelryThere is always a large variety of vendors at trade shows featuring all types of stones, including emerald jewelry. Trade shows are a great way to talk to experts and examine genuine emerald jewelry. They are also a good way to make connections with suppliers and manufacturers.
Buy emerald jewelry from a reputable wholesalerSuppliers of emerald jewelry can offer the best prices on the gems and are willing to guarantee the quality of the stones.
Determine what type of emerald jewelry is needed for your businessThe needs of your business will determine what type of emerald jewelry you need. Are you going to be custom making jewelry? Or do you need an emerald necklace to add to an already existing jewelry line? Are you looking for high-end emerald jewelry set with gold or platinum, or something more price-conscious in gold plating or sterling silver? Regardless of what type of emerald your business needs, it's important to find a reliable distributor of emerald jewelry that offers good prices.
- Often trade shows listed on websites provides a list of vendors. Check to make sure the trade show you are interested in has enough vendors that specialize in emerald beads or emerald jewelry to make it worth your time.
- Before making a purchase verify the suppliers' guarantee and return policies.