Jewelry has adorned men and women for centuries, and jewelry suppliers and jewelry vendors remain busy creating and selling ever more varied designs to catch the eye of the prospective buyer.
Once exclusively the decoration of the wealthy nobility, jewelry is now worn by people of all ages in all walks of life. With a wider selection of metals, buyers can choose durable metal jewelry to symbolize the strength of their character and commitment or non-reactive metal jewelry that won’t irritate the skin of the wearer.
Accompanying the wider choice of metals is a wider choice of styles; retail and wholesale jewelry vendors now offer rings for either hand, and online jewelry suppliers offer options to customize trinkets for that special someone in your life.
Your options for finding jewelry online include:
1. Wholesale jewelry vendors to supply your big company.
2. Small niche jewelry stores catering to individuals.
3. Jewelry for youngsters and adults.
Start them wearing jewelry at a young ageJewelry isn't just for adults anymore. Many young girls look forward to their first necklace or pair of earrings in their teen or "tween" years. The physical and online jewelry market continues to skew younger; now even babies can wear jewelry around their wrists or pinned to their diapers.
Let the right hand wear what the left hand is wearingUnmarried women no longer have to go without wearing a ring if there isn't a man in their life to give them one. They can now buy their own rings from retail or wholesale jewelry vendors and wear them proudly on their right hands to show their independence proudly.
Get tough with tungsten carbide jewelryNot just for drill bits anymore, tungsten carbide has found its way into rings and other forms of jewelry. Durable enough that only diamonds, rubies or sapphires can scratch it, tungsten carbide retains its finish once polished, making its shine last as long or longer than the relationship rings made from it are bought to commemorate.
Show your sensitive (skin) side with hypoallergenic jewelryContact dermatitis, a skin rash caused by an allergic reaction to the nickel alloys in most jewelry, has kept some women from enjoying jewelry except on special occasions. Thanks to metals such as stainless steel or medical-grade titanium, these women can wear rings, earrings or necklaces whenever they wish without fear of hurting their skin.
- Choose a reputable jeweler before purchasing any jewelry. Look for knowledgeable jewelry vendors who offer quality jewelry and a range of services at reasonable prices.
- Look for jewelry styles and settings that protect the jewels from damage before buying, and follow all care instructions after buying. Keep different gemstones in separate jewelry box compartments because harder stones will scratch softer ones.
- When considering tungsten carbide jewelry, look for the words "tungsten carbide" rather than simply "tungsten," which is a tungsten-steel alloy that, while tough, is much less scratch-resistant than tungsten carbide (and much easier to engrave). Look for cobalt-free tungsten carbide rings because cobalt can react with the skin to discolor the ring metal. Also, be aware that tungsten carbide jewelry requires special tools to remove it should it be necessary to do in an emergency.