What is the best tool to use for a 3-lingual website?
I need help choosing the right tool to set up and host my website. My main criteria is that it must follow a 3-lingual concept. Ideas so far are WordPress or a website package offer from sites like Strato. To choose the right hosting company, I prefer to have a simple ssh access for storing documents and accessing my website administration.
I appreciate any experience sharing or personal advice.
And I'd like to wish all of you a happy and successful 2015!
I think the best way to do it is to use Wordpress and some top wordpress templates from https://www.templatemonster.com/best-selling-wordpress-themes/ for this purpose. You will surely be able to build an awesome website if you go this way. Give it a try!
Hello! If you need such a website, I recommend you to take a look at the service on https://weblium.com I think you will find it helpful to you and you will surely get a nice website from there. Hope you will find it helpful, good luck with your projects ;)
We have been hosting and designing websites since 2006
The multi-language website is not a function of hosting but is down to your website code and design.
If you are using WordPress you need to check the following:
1. WordPress Theme – Make sure your theme supports multi-language to start with (WPML WordPress Multilingual) as making a non-WPML compliant theme is hard work and expensive (and sometimes it is impossible). In some cases if your theme is not WPML compliant you need to create and manage multiple websites, which is a royal pain and time consuming.
2. Plugins – If your WordPress theme is WPML compliant then you can use either WPML you can use either WPML plug-in https://wpml.org/ (this is not a free plug-in) or use Polylang (which is free for basic version) https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/
3. If you decide to use static HTML website (you will have your work cut out!), make sure you use language code in the header of each page to identify language used for browsers and Search Engines.
We specialise in WordPress and have many customers with multiple language websites as well as static HTML5 sites. If you want further help or links to these websites to check them out, please contact me direct.
I hope this helps.
Hi there! I highly recommend you to use WordPress for your 3-lingual website, in particular this WP theme https://www.templatemonster.com/wordpress-themes/monstroid2.html . The responsive layout of this theme adapts well to the screen sizes of different devices your visitors are using. The high quality coding of this theme ensures your site performs perfectly:)
We’ve experimented with all the translation plugins out there and it’s hard to say which is the best. The fact is it’s hard to say whether or not one specific plugin will be best for your website!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Read this: https://www.wpbuffs.com/language-translator-wordpress-plugins-for-multilingual-website/
2. Try the ones you think will work the best and fully test them yourself
3. Choose the one that works best for your site
You can ask around as much as you want to, but until you implement plugins and test them out, you’ll never really know which is the best for you!
Wordpress running on a LAMP stack deployed in Redhat's OpenShift would meat your admin needs. Unlike most other PAAS you can SSH in to the VM and still enjoy auto-scaling. Plus, you can get off the ground for free. ( I'm not associated with Redhat )
Have you got chance to check FaLang(Joomla extension).
It is nice on the basis of functionality, ease of use and support which they provide.
In my experience, I will suggest you don't go for a package like WordPress. The hosting and website package I will recommend is Phi9
According to my experience, we cant rely on machine translations for multi lingual content which means the same content in different language is to be considered as a different content, for that reason irrespective of any platform to build website on you need to have proper arrangements to manage your contents. You can easily create multi lingual website in Worpress as well as Joomla.
Here is somethings to get a multilingual websites: