As a real estate agent, I utilize Google AdWords for new leads. What is the best ad to attract new leads?
This is what my ad looks like currently:
#1 Top Rated Katy Realtor - Jaime Fallon - A Local Expert - http://www.har.com/
Sell & buy fast for a great price! Katy's Premier Real Estate Agent - Jaime Fallon
Kelliwood · Nottingham Country · Cinco Ranch · Excellent ratings · Seven Lakes · Market knowledge
Jaime's other website · Premium content · Find a home · Contact Jaime
You can view the ad here: www.har.com/jaimefallon
We look after a lot Real Estate websites but they are all in Costa del Sol (Spain), which is a very competitive property market with nearly 50% of sales to non-Spanish as second homes. I am the first to admit that I am not an expert in US real estate business but there are fundamental rules about business and Internet sales that applies no matter where on earth you are selling.
I have visited your site and my first impression is that you are part of a shared portal with other agents. We have portals like this in Spain too so you are facing the same issues as other independent realtor's we meet in Spain. Put it in another way, this is booking.com for Real Estate Agents and if you were a hotel selling solely through booking.com you will struggle for visibility and profitability!
Here are some basic issues with yout PPC:
1. Google PPC is one of the most expensive ways of attracting traffic to your website. That is why Google makes so much money with obscene margins that is only achieved by drug cartels!
2. Your advert text is not specific enough and is not hitting keywords people search for. Did you know you can create different adds for different keywords? You should not use “Catch all” adverts otherwise you either get ignored or you get high bounce rate. High bounce rate results in a lot of wasted $ as you pay for people to get on your website but they find you are not really what they were looking for.
3. Are you checking your PPC reports, removing non-performing keywords and replacing them other keywords you can chase? This is important. Don't expect Google to do this for you because they make money no matter what happens to your clicks.
The cheapest way to get traffic is organic search using SEO. You cannot optimise a portal for specific user so you can only do so much.
Now many people take deep breath at the thought of paying SEO professional to do this for them but here is a ROI story for you and I am happy to give you the client's name to contact to verify this case study (just DM me). Client with 7-year-old website (not designed by us) contacted us because they had no direct bookings hence had to pay 20% commission to agents. Average sale for this client is about 10,000€. We charged them 3600€ for re-designing their website and optimising it in December 2016. As of today (31 May 2017) they have secured 5 sales from their own website value = €58,000. If this business had come from Agents they would have had to pay €11,600 (20%) so they have saved €8000 in costs and generated €58,000 additional revenue. Folks reading this should really think what they consider to be expensive. In essence our SEO and Redesign of the website cost equals 6% of their revenue to date (we are only in May so this % will only go down by next december!).
Here are your SEO issues:
1. Your meta tags are inappropriate, they are too long, and suffer from the usual Keyword stuffing. You can't fool Google like this any more.
2. Property Meta Tags are auto-generated (I assume as they do not make sense).
3. Text in the homepage is not optimised and is not written for the Internet. Copywriting for website is a world apart from writing for printed materials. Many issues impact this including average time on page which is approximately 20 seconds – so think how much you can read in that time.
4. Copy is not signposted with H-Series. Think of it as writing a Thesis for your Degree. You start with heading (Subject matter), then your synopsis (what I am going t tell you about), rational (broken down to sub-paragraphs that explains each assumption or study results), and then Summary (Tell them what you have told them). Copywriting for the Internet is a specialist skill and most copywriters do not really get it. Have a look at this and you can see the rational (ignore the subject but focus on structure) http://www.cognisant-hosting.com/how-to-secure-your-wordpress-website/
5. Content is shallow. There is really no distinctive content about your area, local property market, places to look for, average pricing, etc. If your website is just about how great you are and your properties, you get very little traction. Your website should be about "What you Can do for the Client" (to misquote JFK!). It has to be about "Them" and not "You". Write about desirable areas to live, good places to eat, good local schools, things to look out when buying, etc. This is writing about client's concerns and not "us". The information has to be valuable and specific so you get links from other website. Natural links from other reputable websites gives you link-juice, which bigs-you-up with Google! I know as business owners it is difficult for us not to talk about us, but we need to learn to talk about "Clients" and solve their problems. They all know what our problem is, as we are trying to make money so let's take that as given and the elephant in the room!
Have a look at our blog pages and you can see what we mean when we say "Write about customer's concerns" (http://www.cognisant-hosting.com/blog.html/). You will note our blogs are not about us directly but they answer questions we get from our clients every day. Not only it means we do not have to repeat ourselves half-a-dozen times a day, but we add value, we gain links, we gain trust, and we get people coming to because they see us as experts.
In essence it is all very well to be part of a portal but you need your own presence, just like hotels. Hotels have presence in Booking.com, Hotel.com, etc. but also have their own website where they can control their message, SEO, etc. The same applies to Real Estate. You can use the portals to give you extended reach but you need to have your own presence to maximise your Web Presence.
I will be very happy to discuss as how we can help you. We have clients in the US, South America, Australia, China, etc. so just because we are in Spain, it does not mean our reach is limited.
If nothing else, I hope this answer helps you improve your results and ROI.
You should do a split test between several versions, and see which works best for you. For example - maybe an emotion-based copy will do the trick.
Best of luck