Why the sudden decrease in traffic to my webpage?
I am a travel and tour operator from Nepal. I have a website for my business but recently there has been less traffic than usual to my site. No major product changes have been made recently, what could have happened with my page?
My website is http://www.nepalfootprintholiday.com
There are many factors that might contribute to the downfall. The answer lies in your analytic report. Check the analytics and see the source from where the traffic is decreasing, is it from the organic source or from the social media platform or any other factor. This will help you figure out the exact reason. Moreover, there was a google update recently that have affected many sites negatively. For the recent downfall, this might be one of the reasons.
I recommend you run your site review on the following sites to fix the bugs and improve your website experience / traffic.
Also, try and improve your presence in social media sites where you publishing about your products, services and link it to your website. This will also help you getting better traffic and good scoring in the search results.
- Facebook page
- PinInterest and etc.
I hope the above was helpful...
I am guessing that some backlinks you might have bought in the past might have dropped or have been de-indexed. Dont be alarmed by all the hype about Black Hat linking strategies and Negative SEO, all SEO is Black Hat according to some, but I will not feed controversy everyone will have a reason for their stance, but rule of thumb is if you had no alerts from Google concerning a manual penalty you shouldnt be worried. Work in your link profile to recover from dropped links, preferably good ones rather than blog comment and web 2.0 profiles. Hit me back and I will give you a few sugestions concerning link opportunities.
In your google webmaster account
check the number of indexed pages
check the HTML errors
check 404 errors
check the search queries (impressions, clicks & CTR)
and do compare with your past month.
Check the backlinks lost from ahref's
check the published content(remove duplicate content if you do so in your marketing efforts)
If you are checking Keyword ranking every month, then compare the current month rankings with previous months.
Probably the changes in above metrics may happen your website loose the substantial traffic.
Sunoop has made a good suggestion. In fact, enabling Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools should have been done from the beginning. Like others, I also believe you should take a look at your meta tags. You have too many keywords per page, and you're not using them in the content. Your descriptions are also nothing but a string of keywords. I took a look at your links using both Ahrefs and MajesticSEO, and those need to be fixed as well. You had links from some low quality directories which were removed, but now they need to be replaced with better quality links. I also noticed you're getting links from a website that apparently sells links in an auction. Why are you getting links by buying them, at an auction or anywhere else? Stop doing that!
1. Get Analytics and Webmaster tools enabled to find the reason of loss of Traffic or which keywords have stopped providing you traffic
2. Check on Google Penalty
3. Have you been doing Blackhat Seo?
4. How much has been the drop ? is it 5% to 10% or more than 50% .. If its 5% then it could be due to search drop
5. Keep updating website with good& original content, google appreciates it
What has been the sources of traffic to your website in the past - adwords, organic search, email campaigns, social media etc. Has there been any changes in the activity.
How long has your business website been in operation? As a travel and tourism site, there is always a lean period and peak period for business. Can you analyse that.
There are some SEO changes that the website could benefit from...but a good SEO strategy goes beyond have the right keywords and HI tags etc etc.
You need to change the look regularly along with changing the look of the products you are offering...I looked at your site and I see all features and very little in benefits...What is your mission and vision statement...Then ask why use my company...Elevator pitch in 20-30 seconds. That is how long you can keep some people's attention today
There are too many,some are as following: 1-SEO. 2-Web contents 3-Frequency of changes 4-wrong use of social media 5-wrong use of Q/A
Without much information, we are here guessing an answer. A simple answer ...the website not that attractive than before. You should look at bring back your website attractiveness - this depends a lot on marketing campaign, branding, and activities.
Than you should look at your technical portion - which many people here already advise you.
Here are somethings you need to know to answer your own question:
1. What is your main source of traffic?
2. Was this traffic organic or was it from advertising?
3. If organic what search terms brought visitors to your site
4. What search terms do you want to rank for?
Many websites are being DOSed [denial of service] or hit by multiple false clicks. This includes sites like Facebook and Twitter. The web is overloaded with hackers and spies. I once was redirected to the NSA [information spying arm of the USA] when visiting a site I normally open every week. I'm not sure why they are targeting Nepal but there is a case in Malaysia - a high profile murder of a Nepalese model and negotiator from France.
Here are your main areas of concern:
1. As mentioned already - your speed isn't good. It took almost 4 seconds to load the homepage. While 4 seconds doesn't seem like a lot, it is a factor.
2. You've got several h2 tags (heading tags) on your homepage that are not relevant to your content focus. Things like "Quick Contact" and "Watch Video" should not be important. You can use regular paragraph text for these.
3. Your homepage description is too long and...it is a bit all over the board - "NFH trekking agency arranges Mount Everest Base Camp Trek, Manaslu Circuit, Tsum Valley Hiking, Annapurna Mustang adventure Biking Holiday Tour and Langtang Helambu trek in Nepal". Instead of trying to cram a bunch of keywords into your meta description think about the broader picture of what your company does.
4. Alt tags on your photos are missing. Good image SEO will help with your overall SEO strategy.
5. Page titles are too long.
6. You've got some important keywords in your website that you are not using in heading tags, descriptions or titles. Things like "holidays in Nepal" are being used within your body content, but not the meta information. This would be considered an important keyword phrase for your market and SEO strategy.
7. You need to increase your backlinks. You don't have too many right now. Consider reaching out to other services that compliment yours and asking if they would link to your site.
You mentioned a sudden decrease in traffic to your site, but didn't mention any notice of change in rankings. It could be outside affects that are causing the drop in traffic. Things like news, time of year, etc. If you have a sudden decrease in rankings that is more cause for concern.
Hope the above helped. Email with any questions.
From a quick look, there are few issues with onpage SEO...The meta descriptions are too long, and there is some duplicated content. The site is not mobile friendly...Google lately included this in their rank algo, so this can indicate recent drop in traffic...Havent checked the back links, but it doesnt take many bad links to infect the site..
Need to investigate further to see if there is some penalty.
Your site loaded in an instant so that is not a problem.. However Sandip is correct - the site is not Responsive ( mobile ready ) and Google is threatening to drop every site that isn't. As to why the drop in traffic - if you have already paid for SEO and all they have done is put BLACK-HAT BACK LINKS out on the web linking back to your site Google will penalize you for it. Speaking from experience this was done for one of our sites by two different High Profile SEO companies from opposite sides of the North America. It took us a year to recover and we did it ourselves by adding a new blog article every week. Here is a suggestion - set up a free membership area where members can upload their travel pictures to your site - to enter a contest voted on by other members to win a percentage off on a trip - THAT'S ENGAGEMENT!
a. The site is not responsive - so users from mobile, iphone etc devices are not able to see your website effectively.
b. You are not motivating users why they will fill the right hand form.
c. The banner in the home page is clickable. But when user click on it nothing happens. Don't confuse users.
Try to focus on how you can motivate your existing users to convert more.
All the best.
Google makes changes to their algorithms all the time. You should check to see if keywords that you were previously ranked high for you've fallen off the front page of the googe results.
You need to do SEO on your website. You have a great website, but the back end needs a few tweaks. I can go into further detail if you want. You can send me a message and we can talk about it. Thanks.
I just took a quick look at your site, very quick. The page load time was terrible for me. I did think the design of the site was excellent and eye catching which should keep people there once it loads. I took a quick look at your meta tags as well and they looked good. The only suggestion I have is to optimize your photos so the page loads faster. I almost gave up waiting for it.