How can I increase traffic to my website with a small budget and without spending hours on social media?
My website has a presence on many social media platforms, but it doesn't seem to be helping beyond a certain point to increase membership levels on my website. I've hit a brick wall and with no budget to put into SEO etc, I'm stuck! How can I increase traffic to my website?
Write an email to every TechCrunch, Pando, TNW, and Verge writer. Tell them why they and their audiences should be interested in your product. Basically write the story for them. I would get a cursory understanding for what each of these writers is interested in talking about, but I wouldn't take too much time researching/qualifying your leads because you've got a lot of work to do. Also, I wouldn't worry about emailing all of them for a few reasons -
1) 80% probably won't write back because they're busy or don't care;
2) If they're having a slow day, they're going to welcome some inbound to get a story out the door, especially if it's in a basically ready form.
There are lots of way you can implement SEO with little budget. The first is to learn SEO yourself and then start practicing on your website. This approach starts a while and might not work for everyone especially when you really want to focus on your growing your business.
The second method is faster. Install Google analytics and Webmaster tool on your website.
Go to the behaviour tab and check your top content. Now improve this pages both from an SEO point of view and user experience point of view.
Hello Kizzy, your concern is so many others, but their is a very simple solutions, and you can really do this yourself, you already have the tools you just need to know how to maximize them and learn how your product/service fits in the market is there trends, and develop "keywords" that fit every business the exist has about 50 Keywords that attribute to there business, they just don't know how to capitalize on them. This is where the term you hear" BRANDING" . Google+ is a good place to start because you control it, place photos, seasonal services/products. discount coupons etc, the list goes on. Most small and medium size business get trapped into thinking they have to spend a lot of money the is not so, just educate yourself on how your business fits in the market. google/facebook have the most users and visitors then anything out their so don't give up on the social media, Make your presence be know, I know more about Bill gates, then his products, same with Steve Jobs (god rest his soul), That is how was sold on Microsoft and Apple, do you remember dunkin donuts man his favorite line "time to make the donuts" that is what brought him traffic, i know I became one of his biggest fans, and truthfully I like crispy creme better, but was a loyal customer to dunkin donuts, get my drift. Just providing you somethings that I know works for whether one has a lot of money or no money, so i don't believe you hit a brick wall, just a level that every business comes to no matter what they do or provide. Just don't lose sight of what has been your drive to start your business, I tell everyone, it is in you already just have to learn how to drive it out for the audience to see.
Hi, I cannot give you a lot of my time, but I can offer you some help until you get on your feet. I have a soft spot for startups.
Hi Kizzy, taking part in discussions in professional groups on Linkedin or other professional chats that pertain to your business with a link to your site at the end of the chat, will help to increase exposure.
An extremely cheap way to increase traffic is with YouTube and Facebook video advertising. With a few cents a click you can drive a lot of traffic. I would send them to a
Lead capture page giving them something like a free download or report in exchange for their email address so you can keep marketing to them.
If you don't know how to do your own videos go to animoto.com and you can create videos for free. They walk you through it. The videos don't have to be fancy to work.
I also use presentermedia.com for pre-made video clips you can add words to easily for marketing purposes.
Hi Kizzy - This is a question I get all the time. Honestly, the old expression "you get what you pay for" is an accurate one when it comes to marketing online. That said, there are a few things you can do to at least help yourself move forward. If you really have zero budget for SEO, you can still make sure that Google understands what your website and each web page is offering. Remember, that's all Google wants to be sure about. When one of their customers types in a search phrase, Google has 1 job and 1 job only and that's to find the most relevant web pages for that specific keyword. You can help yourself significantly by making sure the primary meta tags on each page reflects a specific keyword. In other words make sure that the title tag, description tag, every image tag (also called alt tags) H1 tags (header tags) that all reflect the keyword you chose for that page. Also make sure you use that keyword about 5 times in the body of this page as well.
This is basic "on-page" SEO and on it's own, it will not over take any serious competition but if you don't have it, you will not move forward at all.
I also saw mentioned below that blogging is important and I couldn't agree more. You can do it yourself so you don't need a budget. I would suggest at least 1500 words and more if you can. The best way to utilize a blog is to be sure you educate and bring value to your readers. One way you can accomplish this by offering some type of specialized information for free. So, your blog must have a CTA (call to action) that connects to a landing page where you can collect visitor information in exchange for your specialized information. Then, if you have the right systems in place, you can automatically stay in touch with each of these people through a lead nurturing process. Like the SEO outline I gave you, this too is the most basic form of blogging. The more you learn how to apply these 2 fundamentals of inbound marketing, the more search friendly your pages will be.
One other idea. You can use a website like www.get5stars.com. This is a site I use for my clients that make it much easier to collect and use positive reviews of your product or service. Great reviews placed in the right places can help a great deal.
Consider a customer appreciation method (such as Sendoutcards) I know many many business people that are enjoying massive success using this to build strong relationships.
With SEO being necessary to capitalize online, I ran into the same problem with SEO being expensive.
I recently looked into a few systems and found one I liked and started learning myself. I have a very small budget and I get leads everyday and I'm improving my conversions.
If you have any questions, I'm glad to help.
Here are free and paid online mediums that can help you bring good traffic to your website:
1) Business Listings: Get yourself registered in business listing sites like Foursquare, manta, merchantcircle, brownbook etc. These website allows you to create your personal as well as company profile. Listings are of three types :
Map centric listings
2) Get your interview published: You can enlist yourself as an entrepreneur and publish your interview on sites like Ideamensch.
3) Create Slideshare: You can create visually appealing yet informative powerpoint presentation and post it to websites like slideshare.net
4) Create a promotional video: You can create a promotional video regarding your services and post it to websites like YouTube, Vimeo.
5) Create an Infographic: If you think that content is not good enough to promote your services then you can take help of an attractive infographic that will help you in turning boring facts into creative manner.
6) Increase your web presence: Create profiles on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Flickr etc to boost your web presence. Keep them updated from time to time.
7) Guest Blogging: You can apply to some good websites for guest blogging. Submit a unique yet effective content to get it published there.
Now have a look at these paid mediums:
1) Run an Adwords Campaign: You can set a budget and run an adwords campaign by targeting most important keywords for the website.
2) Yahoo Advertising Solutions: You can also go with Yahoo advertising solutions that is also into the list of one of the best advertising and traffic generating sources.
3) Advertising through Blogs: You can advertise your business on similar business websites or blogs to generate traffic.
4) Run a Twitter Campaign: You can make best use of Twitter by running twitter campaigns.
To read further and detailed version of this, I would recommend you visit the content source here: http://www.fatbit.com/fab/how-to-generate-traffic-free-and-paid-online-promotion-mediums/
For further help, you can discuss with me.