Have a budget template for your small business you're willing to share?
I am writing an article on small business budget templates and am seeking some sample templates to include in the article. If you have one you have used that you are willing to share, please send it to my email: email@example.com
If you would like to contribute to the article, I have pasted some questions below:
1. What is a budget template?
2. Why are they important for small businesses?
3. What are your tips for creating a business budget?
4. How do you choose a budget template? I.e. what are the important elements you look for?
1. Small businesses's budgets differ widely, because: 1. some need to rent expensive facilities, others work from home. 2. some need staff and its complications; others contract out 3. some need expensive tools, others just a computer 4. some need lots of capital and cash; others just need a wallet.
2. The reason budgets are important is because one needs to stay in the game, not go bankrupt because short on cash. Also, need to determine where money is being lost.
3. Use a spreadsheet and just list down all the current expenses. That's the start.
4. For reasons explained above, these vary so widely, and a template may be less useful than just writing down current expenses as starter.