Have any of you contributed to business.com, and if so, would you mind sharing some tips?
I would like to contribute and write some articles on business.com. Is it mandatory to have some previous business experience to contribute?
If you have contributed here, would you like to share the link with me?
What are the guidelines for contributing here?
People are rightly talking about coronavirus anxiety in terms of the stress of uncertainty. The constant news about the pandemic can feel relentless. Whether it be today's statistics on deaths and new cases, new social rules laid down by the Government or the latest public figure to go down with the virus.
Great question! I'm Haley and I am the community manager for business.com. Here are our guidelines for being accepted into the contributor program:
- You have been running your business or working in your current industry for several years.
- You are knowledgeable across more than one part of the business.
- You consider your business to be in the growth or established stage.
- Your business model is profitable.
- You have tested, analyzed and successfully identified your exact target market.
- Your business has a portfolio of product or service reviews collected from previous customers or clients.
- You have previously been recognized, spoken at a public event, or been interviewed by a reputable source about your business and/or experience in the industry.
There are definitely other factors that are taken into consideration such as previous examples of writing, writing quality, social media presence/following, and topic proposals. However, if you meet all of the above requirements, we would suggest you apply to the program.
You can read the full set of program guidelines & requirements here: https://www.business.com/experts/
I just got accepted as a contributor but haven't submitted my first article yet. I had to show in the application that I knew what I was talking about, and I've been published previously on Business2Community, Thrive Global, and Medium, as well as my own blog, so I had something to show them. It looks like you answer a submission call rather than just writing whatever you want, so my area of expertise is marketing, but all the calls over the weekend were for finance, so I'm still waiting to submit something.