There are 2 ways to develop a mobile app if you cannot code it yourself:
If you have the right skill set and technical knowledge, then you can develop a mobile app yourself. But, if you don’t want to do it on your own, then you can either hire a developer/team of developers to create it from scratch or use a ready-made solution. Let’s discuss both cases:
Case 1: Hiring a Developer
In this case, developing the mobile app and its cost will depend on numerous factors. Let’s take a look at the most important factors that directly impact the costing of grocery mobile app development:
1. Technology Used: The cost will also depend on the platform that we are developing mobile applications. The cost of developing a mobile app for android is less than for iOS.
2. Feature Integration: The level of complexity of a mobile app depends on the number of features that you want to integrate. These features are the primary cost drivers of developing a mobile app for grocery eCommerce.
3. Development Team: The size of the developing team has a lot to do with the cost estimation of developing a mobile app. The price will also depend on the experience or skills of the developers involved in grocery mobile app development.
4. Location: The amount charged by the team of developers also depends on the location they are operating from. For example, the charges of developing a mobile app in Asian countries are much less than in countries like the USA or UK.
5. Business Model: The type of online grocery business model would impact the cost of grocery mobile app development. Because every business model will have its own unique requirements.
Case 2: Ready-made Solution
Ready-made solutions often come with fixed prices. Extra charges are only for the extensions or customizations like themes, plugins, modifications, etc. Apart from the affordable price, there are many more benefits of using a ready-made solution:
-Quick & Hassle-free Implementation
-Free Trials & Demos
Observing and analyzing the current market trends amid coronavirus, you should go with a turnkey solution to save both time and money. Growcer by FATbit Technologies is such
grocery delivery software that comes with readymade:
-Web Portals (Admin, Vendor, Buyer, and Delivery Staff)
-Mobile Apps (Buyer and Delivery Staff)
Check the grocery mobile app demo for better insights:
IOS MOBILE APP
Instacart is an e-commerce grocery website which was founded in 2012. Valued at nearly 8 billion dollars, it is one of the top fast growing companies in the USA. Since the USA has 60.8% and Canada has 61.8% of the working crowd, people find it hard to take out time for grocery shopping. This is where Instacart steps in. Instacart provides same day pickup and delivery services across the USA and Canada where these services are as fast as within an hour. It delivers to more than 85% of the USA homes and 70% of the Canadian homes.
It provides the customers an option to make purchases over the mobile application or the website platform where they get to choose from over 350+ national, regional and local retailer partners. This order is then delivered by an Instacart professional at the customer’s doorstep. According to Statista, it is estimated that on Demand Grocery Delivery Apps will overtake brick-and-mortar grocery stores in about a decade.
Why go for Grocery Development apps like Instacart?
Grocery Development apps like Instacart support the daily requirement of an everyday household. Also, with the increase of internet usage globally, people tend to do things that require the least effort, i.e., shopping online.
Apps like Instacart majorly follow the Rule of 4 for a successful overall performance:
1. Global Reach:
Once your business is set up, you need to start with promotion amongst the masses. The idea of a grocery store is versatile and in this era of modernization, people are mostly dependent on technology for their work. Hence taking your business through a mobile application will bring about profit and an ever increasing customer base. As the company gains fame, more retailers will want to tie up with your organization. This will make sure that you have a strong seller base and you get a great number of clients.
2. Fast and Hassle Free:
This online platform will be available 24×7 , thus enabling you to accept orders instantly and get delivered within the minimum delivery time. The advantage of taking this to a digital platform is that customers can place orders at any point in the day and meet with their requirements from the comfort of their homes.
3. Full Transparency
Buyers will be provided with complete transparency. Unlike brick and mortar stores where the price of grocery is negotiable, prices will remain the same as the MRP or less if a discount is applied.
4. Offers and Discounts
More customers can be attracted by offering discounts. This will ensure that you have a permanent base of customers.
How do these apps work?
These apps work on the following conjunctures to meet with the essential needs of the customer:
1. Browsing Products
It is important that users have a hassle free experience while browsing on the application. To ensure this, the user interface needs to be fast and lag free and must be RAM optimized so that it is compatible with mobile phones too. This ensures that the users can place orders smoothly without any issue.
2. Easy Navigation and Recommendation
Navigability plays an important role in a grocery development app. Clients do not want to test the customer’s patience by making them search for a particular item in the pantry. Hence to overcome with this idea, the search bar provides an apt solution to the users to quickly search for the necessary item.
The app allows them to view a recommended list of things according to their past purchases and interests. This results in a faster checkout time, thus increasing the efficiency of the application. Apart from this, a search bar should also have the option of filtering items so that a customer does not have to scan through a multitude of products.
4. Tracking and Delivery
An efficient tracking system is provided to the customers keeping in mind the idea of transparency. This allows them to keep a track of the order and create an approximation of the delivery, so that they are present to receive it.
So, how much does it cost to develop an app like Instacart?
The total cost of the grocery delivery app depends on various factors like complexity, the platform you prefer, the cost of hiring developers, the number of countries you want to target it for, app size and design etc.
To build it on a single platform the price can be estimated somewhere between $10,000 to $30,000. Selecting a cross delivery app may cost much more than a single platform since new features will be introduced in the app. This would attract more customers and the price to build such an app can be estimated around $50,000.
With an average price of around $35 per hour, the cost for building an app like Instacart will start at $62,000 and increase on the basis of new features and technologies being used.
Looking forward to develop an app like Instacart? Get a free quote here!
An app like Instacart helps users to make grocery purchases conveniently from the comfort of home. The process is very simple and the delivery is fast and reliable. It solves the problem of going to a grocery shop and bargaining for the prices by providing items at a minimum price after discounts. This enables the clients to have a vast customer base and thus creating an established product name in the market.
The global market for online grocery delivery apps which was valued at $189.81 billion in 2019 will increase to a whopping $1.1 trillion by 2027. The market will grow by an impressive 24.8% every year. The growth will depend on factors like an increase in smartphone usage, access to the Internet, availability of attractive discounts and offers, and the preference for home delivery of groceries.
Grocery delivery app development involves the creation of smoothly-operating Android and iOS apps for the customers, delivery executives, store managers, and a robust admin panel.
The factors that will influence the budget for Grocery delivery app development are
The complexity of features (both basic and premium) to be included in the grocery ordering and delivery app.
The kind of technology stack utilized to add all the features and functionalities. Different technologies will have to be used in frontend and backend development. It will be used for push notifications, setting up the payment gateway, cloud platform deployment, database management, and real-time analytics.
The hourly rate charged by the developers for the project, which will vary according to their location.
The kind of platform the Grocery delivery app is going to be deployed (Android or iOS or both).
The total number of team members and their skill-levels.
The friendliness of the user interface, since it impacts the overall user experience.
Extra costs for third-party API integration, technical documentation, and testing (performance, security, and automation).
To get the twin benefits of cost-saving and high operational efficiency, it is ideal for entrepreneurs to acquire a Instacart Clone App. They can use it to quickly launch the Grocery ordering and delivery platform in the market and get maximum business traction.
Over the last few years, many mobile app ideas for on-demand services have evolved. But, the grocery delivery service app idea is the most eye-catching one among many entrepreneurs. One of the reasons is that top companies like Amazon and Ola are entering into this industry.
As of now, Instacart, Bigbasket, and PepperTap are successfully running their business. There is a lot of opportunity for you as demand for grocery delivery service apps is high. Nowadays, people choose everything at their convenience. It is the main reason behind the online grocery business success.
There is no doubt that developing a grocery delivery service
app like Instacartis the right choice. If you are really interested in making the Instacart clone app, you have to focus on several factors. Among them, framing your budget for app development is essential.
Generally, apps can be developed using the following ways.
It is a traditional way of creating an app that means designing and developing the app from scratch. In this case, you can choose which technologies to use for making your app.
It is the preferable approach. The concept behind this using the Instacart clone script that is customized based on your business requirements. Comparative to the previous technique, this approach requires less time and money.
The cost of building the Instacart clone app solely relies on the following factors.
API and third-party service integrations
App development company
To know the exact time frame and cost for developing a grocery delivery service app like Instacart, schedule a meeting with Uber Like App. They will brief you about their app development process and estimated cost & time for app development. They develop an app at an economical cost without compromising on quality.
I hope so, this information helps you a lot.
Genuinely, if you seem interested in making an app like Instacart then there are certain terms you should be aware of. Various app developers in the market would suffice for your needs but before dwelling on a deal, you should be aware of some basic features these companies offer.
There are two ways by which you can develop an app:-
1) Custom Mobile App Development
2) Clone app Solution
Custom App Development
In layman’s terms if I had to explain to you a customized app, then it means an app designed from the scratch. It offers all the features and designs as per your requirement. You can also choose technology as per your requirements. Also, it gives the benefit to you or the app developer to be creative. Therefore, designing an app from scratch takes a lot of time and investment which may not be affordable.
Clone App Solution
If you want to build an app like instacart then the app development company would prefer a clone solution app. App clone refers to taking inspiration from any other website or app theme which is very unique and different and copying that concept to create another App clone. To brief you about the instacart app, instacart lets you shop from local grocery stores online, then sends a “personal shopper” to fulfill and deliver your order to you the same day.
Now, to build an app like instacart, naturally, you have to go for a clone solution app, if you are now clear in your head what is the difference between the two. Moreover, the cost of building a clone app is less. Also, it takes much less time for an app developer to develop these apps. It cost around 15,000$ to 25,000$ to develop an app like instacart. Various companies would help you in making these apps. I am aware of many such companies, for instance, apurple provides great service. Also, their customer rating is impressive. you can search and contact these companies via Email or call. They will brief you about the process and will give you an estimated cost.
I hope this information helps you!
Instacart is an online grocery delivery company that works with local stores to deliver groceries to your doorstep, which we can place an order, and someone shops all the grocery items. And within a few hours, your groceries are delivered at your doorstep. It is the best-adapted grocery solution for a busy lifestyle.
DataIT Solutions is a Best Grocery Delivery App Development Company Like Instacart provides entrepreneurs the opportunity to head start their business. We have come up with a resort for the same and entrepreneurs are starting their business with the instacart clone script. With the rise in technology, the needs and desires are also increasing. Our company has now put up the instacart clone script grocery delivery solution available for all who wish to start their business in the grocery industry.
Where there’s demand, there will be supply sooner or later. So it’s little surprise that, with the rapid evolution of mobile technology, grocery delivery service apps are popping up. Research by eMarketer suggests the trend of ordering food online will continue to grow.
I just can’t seem to fit everything I need to do into 24 hours. I wish someone would do the grocery shopping for me so I could have a breather.
A tip to keep in mind before starting an online grocery app development
There are two on-demand delivery models for a grocery shop app:
1. The delivery service has their own store with products they deliver
2. The delivery service partners with a number of different stores and make deliveries for them
Walmart has its own app, for example, and the company has a delivery service as well, though it isn’t available everywhere.
Other stores, like Costco, partner with services like Instacart to make deliveries for them. By partnering with a store, you’ll get access to its inventory and price data and can add the store’s products to your app. There are several ways to implement this technique.
Grocery mobile app features to include in your MVP
Since grocery delivery apps aren’t particularly innovative in general, spending a fortune to launch a complete version without proper research and preparation would be a waste. Before diving into development, you and your grocery app development company should evaluate your idea and find a unique value proposition. Next comes an MVP, or minimum viable product.
• User profile
• List of stores
• Menus/items in stock
• Cart / order page
• Payment gateway
• Order status
• Order history
• List of orders (showing items and delivery addresses)
• Map for navigation
• Customer data
• List of stores
• Menus/items in stock
Naturally, for the customer and delivery apps to function properly, they’ll need to communicate in real-time so deliveries don’t take too long. The selling point of any grocery shopping app is that the service will deliver the order on time. To ensure app-to-app communication, you’ll need WebSocket APIs on your backend.
You’ll also need ways to provide lists of items with current prices from the shops you deliver from.
Extra features you may include when you develop a grocery shopping mobile app
At AppClues Infotech, we prefer the concept of a minimum lovable product (MLP) to an MVP. Developing an MLP means that, in addition to the bare necessities, your app will also have a signature feature that makes it stand out from the crowd of similar on-demand grocery delivery apps. Here are a few suggestions as to what these features might be:
• Allow your customers to sign up with social networks like Facebook or automatically sign up with their email without having to go through a registration process. This will make signup faster and easier for your customers, making them more willing to interact with your app.
• Add an alternatives option. With an alternatives field, customers could set a possible substitute if an item is unavailable. This will enhance the user experience since there will be fewer cases of partially completed orders.
• Make a chatbot. There are numerous ways to implement chatbots. A chatbot could show your customers (and delivery workers) valuable information about products and stores or provide popular recipes with a selected item.
• Voice recognition will be highly appreciated by your busy customers, enabling them to place orders on the go without having to stop and type in a product name or browse a store’s inventory.
• Phone or chat support for customers is another good idea, be it technical support for app operations or the possibility to contact a delivery person to make last-minute changes to an order.
• Allow your customers to leave ratings and reviews for each delivery. This way, you can keep tabs on your delivery workers and on your app’s performance. You can also add a similar feature to the delivery app to filter customers who cause problems. This is one way to be aware of how your company is doing.
Any additional features will naturally affect the cost of grocery app development, but they can also become a unique advantage that will help your service get noticed.
The cost to build an app like Instacart
Now that we’ve gone over the features and you know how to develop a grocery delivery app, let’s try to estimate the cost of development. The exact price will depend on multiple factors, from the complexity of the app to your choice of developers, but we can give a rough figure for the basic features.
If you’re working with an outsourcing development company and plan on going for both Android and iOS platforms, this is the team you’ll need to hire:
• 1 project manager
• 1-2 Android developers
• 1-2 iOS developers
• 1–2 UI/UX designers
• 2 QA specialists
• 1 backend developer
You could skip on the project manager if you choose to work with individual freelance developers. However, we believe that project managers are an important link that holds everything together, and their input into your app’s creation can be the best thing that’s ever happened to your project.
With two separate apps to build, each with its own design and feature set, how long it will take to build a grocery app also depends on the number of people on your team. If you decide to work with a team like the one described above, we calculate it will take at least 1,700 hours of work:
Development stage and approximate hours
• Discovery:- 80+
• Idea validation:- 40+
• Visual prototyping:- 60
• Design for Android & iOS platforms:- 130–190
• iOS development:- 600–800
• Android development:-500–800
• Backend development:- 300+
• Admin panel development:- 60
With an average price of around $35 per hour, the cost for an app like Instacart will start at $62,000 and go up from there depending on the features and technologies used.
Still, have questions about how to make an app like Instacart or want a more precise cost estimate? Visit: https://bit.ly/2OuZE7V.
An online grocery store is not a perfect business idea as you need a ton of capital to keep it running. Any business that is related to grocery needs to run on razer thin margin which is not at all favourable for a startup.
I would suggest you abandon the idea. As for the cost of building an app and a website, you can get it done by hiring some Indian agency for around $1000.
Well, the country offers lots of talented individuals offering their services at dirt cheap prices, so that they can stack up their resume. And, that can be a great opportunity for you to get your work done at the lowest possible price.
Online grocery stores are growing rapidly and becoming immensely popular. The emergence of technology has made retailers life a lot easier by allowing them to sell food products including groceries, vegetables, fruits, beverages, staples and much more online using these successful platforms. The popularity of these platforms increasing customer base day by day. From trolly picking to people have moved to add to cart option.
The overall cost of developing an online grocery shopping app can be evaluated by its complexity, the platform you choose, and the country as developers’ cost may differ depending on the country. The approximate cost of the grocery delivery app will be somewhere around $10,000 to $30,000 for a single platform.
If you opt for the cross delivery app, it will cost higher as compared to a single platform app. Selecting the cross-platform app, adding more features will help you attract more audience and will increase the development cost up to $50,000.This is one of the leading industry. In 2019, food and beverage e-commerce sales are expected to increase up to $17.65 and by 2022 it’s supposed to grow to $28.05. So calculating, the overall expenses, knowing the benefits definitely helps in stand ahead in the competition.
Are You Looking to build grocery delivery app?
With the introduction to digital transformation and the surged demand for mobile applications, grocery delivery apps are taking their place in the center stage. But with its benefits, there are many hassles like what will be the grocery app development price, what features I need to include in my app, will my grocery app search engine friendly, and what not! Here’s where a grocery app development company can help you.
Visit Contact Us
On-demand grocery delivery applications offer grocery business vendors and end-consumers a time and cost-efficient means of commerce by acting as an intermediary eCommerce marketplace.
It has been some time that the smartphone generation ushered in the zeitgeist of 'On-demand' services. The grocery retail industry is among the first batch sectors to have latched on to the 'On-demand' business model, via a slew of digital applications for iOS, Android, and Windows devices, effectively.
On-demand applications have bridged the gap between grocery retail and on-demand consumer products vendor ship. On-demand grocery delivery apps such as Instacart have allowed vendors to market and advertise services that utilize Web2.0, and other interdisciplinary technological benefits. Consumers are quite thrilled as well at the prospect of using a door-step grocery retail service that digitally curates and embellishes their shopping experience.
Read more about How much does it cost to build a grocery delivery app like Instacart?
Grocery delivery applications let customers get groceries delivered at their houses – at their doorsteps. Well, we can say that the service is nothing new; yet, the shift to mobile apps has made it affordable, reasonable, and hence widespread.
Instacart is an e-commerce grocery website that was founded in 2012. Valued at nearly 8 billion dollars, it is one of the top fast-growing companies in the USA. Since the USA has 60.8% and Canada has 61.8% of the working crowd, people find it hard to take out time for grocery shopping.
Data EximIT being one of the finest Grocery App Development Company is always ready to serve its clients in any way they can. We ensure that our clients are completely satisfied with the application we make.
The Cost to Develop On-Demand Grocery App that has a limited number of features, coding, depends on the following:
=> Technical documentation costs around $1000 to $2000
=> QA and testing costs around $2000 to $4000
=> UI/UX Designing costs around $1500 to $3000
=> Front-end, as well as Back-end development, costs around $10,000 to $ 20,000
The total cost of the grocery delivery app depends on various factors like complexity, the platform you prefer, the cost of hiring developers, the number of countries you want to target it for, app size and design, etc.
Check Out this article for more: How Much Does it Cost to Make a Grocery Delivery App like Instacart?
So you have developed an idea around a Grocery Delivery App and have been looking forward to start with its execution. However, you are still stuck at estimating the cost to make an app like Instacart. You are still struggling with queries, for example, how to get started with the grocery app development and cost estimation when you have no knowledge about what factors are going to impact it or what does a limited feature app costs to create an MVP first.
Well, you have reached out to the right website. In this article, I will take you through the various factors, which affect the Cost to Develop Grocery App i.e. the business model, various services, the team required, etc. to integrate an on-demand Grocery Delivery App. So let’s get into an in-depth analysis right away:
Features Required for an On-Demand Grocery Delivery App
Grocery Delivery App Features - User panel
• User profile & Registration: This feature involves the login and sign-up with the use of email or social media accounts or phone numbers as per User's choice.
• Customer Feedback & Review: Relevant customer feedbacks and reviews on different products allow the other people to feel secure while shopping, especially for their first purchase.
• Search Option: This feature of the grocery delivery app helps customers to directly search for the particular products in particular categories depending upon their price range as well as brands.
• Delivery Tracking: The delivery tracking feature of the grocery app involves real-time tracking of the delivery details such as order arrival.
• Order Management: With this feature of the grocery delivery app, people can manage (place or cancel) their orders and replace them as well whenever they require without going through the list of products all over again.
• Multiple Payment Options: Since this on-demand grocery delivery app comes with the provision of various payment options such as COD, debit or credit card or more, people have the convenience to shop without looking for cash in their wallet every time they shop especially for prepaid orders and they make their payments digitally before or after delivery of goods.
• Schedule Delivery: The grocery delivery app's schedule delivery feature lets the customer schedule their order arrival depending upon their convenience in their hectic life.
Grocery Delivery App Features - Admin Panel
• Dashboard: This involves a one-stop solution to track as well as managing all the orders placed by the customer orders. This further involves activities that help in keeping the grocery delivery app in which people can rely on.
• Allocation of Orders: This feature of the grocery delivery app involves the allocation of new grocery orders to various grocery stores and keeps a check on the thing that the order execution takes place smoothly.
• Manage Payments: This feature of the grocery delivery app allows the acceptance as well as management of all the payment models, which further involves an expanding grocery business.
• Assign Managers: This grocery delivery app feature allows smooth operation and execution of orders so that people can rely on the app and involves store managers who take care of this thing.
• Inventory Management: This grocery app feature allows admins to manage the entire inventory with convenience by handling and managing the customer orders in an appropriate manner.
• Manage Customers: This feature allows the grocery app owners to manage their users with the use of an app, which includes witnessing and coordinating with their users.
Grocery Delivery App Features - Delivery Panel
• Geo-Location Services: By the integration of Google Maps with GPS, this feature of the Grocery Delivery App helps the delivery boy in tracking the customer location.
• Accept or Reject Delivery Request: This involves the acceptance or rejection of an order request which depends on the location of the customer or time that it would require to be delivered.
• Delivery Request Notification: With the use of this feature, the store manager can get notified whenever an order is placed or requested to be delivered including the order number.
• In-app Calling/In-app Chat: The in-app Chat or call helps the drivers to communicate or discuss with the use of an app to change the route or time of order delivery and more.
• Get Delivery Confirmation: This involves notifying the driver regarding the order delivery status to get the customer's delivery confirmation as well as grocery stores.
Must-have Technologies for Grocery Delivery App
The technologies that are involved and have to be implemented in an On-Demand Grocery Delivery App development include the following:
• Push Notifications: Push.io, Twilio
• Payment Methods: Stripe, EWallets, Braintree & PayPal
• Database: Hbase, Mail Chimp Integration, Cassandra, MongoDB, Postgress
• Real-time Analytics: Cisco, IBM, Hadoop, Apache Flink, Spark, BigData
• Cloud Environment: Azure, AWS, Google
• SMS, Phone Verification, and Voice: Twilio, Nexmo
Grocery Delivery App Development Team Structure
To develop an on-demand Grocery Delivery App, a development team of QA experts as well as skilled UX and UI (User Interface) designers, and app developers is required. Moreover, here is what skills one should be opting for while looking out for a great team:
• App Developers: IOS App Developer, Android App Developer, Back-end App Developers, etc.
• App Designers: UX/UI designers with Expertise in the field of grocery delivery app designing, Graphic Designer and more.
• Project Manager: This involves someone who acquires a good knowledge as well as managerial skills to work out a solution.
• App Testers: This involves Quality Assurance i.e. QA Experts with relevant skills such as testing and bug tracking.
How much does it Cost to Develop On-Demand Grocery App?
To carry out estimation on the grocery app development cost, you must keep in mind the following factors, which include, how complex a grocery app is, the numbers of platforms you want to launch it on, what country and the audience it targets, etc.
• The app developers based in Eastern Europe cost around $30 per hour to $150 per hour
• The grocery app developers based in the S. cost around $50 per hour to $250 per hour
• Indian app developers cost around $10 per hour to $80 per hour
The Cost to Develop On-Demand Grocery App that has a limited number of features, coding, depends on the following:
• Technical documentation costs around $1000 to $2000
• QA and testing costs around $2000 to $4000
• UI/UX Designing costs around $1500 to $3000
• Front-end, as well as Back-end development, costs around $10,000 to $ 20,000
In the end, considering the above-presented factors to calculate the Cost to Build an On-demand Grocery Delivery App, on an average, for a single platform such as Android or iOS, it costs about $10,000 to $50,000. However, the cost goes up as you increase the number of features or more and hence, make a list of everything you have to integrate into your grocery delivery app accordingly.
For grocery delivery app, eGrove Systems offers start with $99 for a monthly plan, we can go and check it
Instacart is an on-demand foodstuff delivery platform facilitating home deliveries of foodstuff and other living place essentials in big cities of united state. Instacart is one of the most promising and trusted company of USA which is based on dividing economy model.
There are multiple companies available in the market to build your application but in my opinion, Suffescom solutions is the best. You can get a fully-customized solution and a feature-enriched application as they believe in gathering all the requirements from the clients before they start working on a project.
Our team consists of technology architects, project managers, user interface and experience designers, QA & testing specialists, and marketing experts, providing customers with innovative solutions tailored to their specific needs.
If we talk about the cost it will range between $20 to $50 an hour depending upon how many features are included in it. This is the cost of developing apps like Grofers or Instacart from a western country but the cost will be significantly reduced if you hire a mobile app developer from India.
If you want to Develop an APP like Instacart in iOS, Android, please Call us (+91) 9725044067 by choosing us HireFullStackDeveloperIndia your Technology Partner