How has the covid outbreak affected your business?
My partner and I are conducting workshops to help entrepreneurs in the community use technology solutions to cope with the covid outbreak, and the way it’s been affecting business operations.
So I wanted your help in creating a value driven structure/outline for the workshop. I’d really appreciate it if you guys would let me know how the covid outbreak has affected your business, and mention any other challenges you’ve faced in your journey, that you’d have liked help with.
Thanks for your time, and keep safe!
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought fast-moving and unexpected variables for some of which our existing crisis plans and teams weren’t prepared. Many companies successfully developed disruption management plans specific to this crisis, and are now looking ahead.
I am working with an outsourcing firm, providing back-office outsourcing services, including accounting, insurance back-office, legal support, and many other B2B services to clients worldwide.
The pandemic raised the significant requirement for us to instantly shift to remote working, maintain client data security, take special care of employee health, and maintain hygiene at work stations.
During the initial stages of the coronavirus outbreak, our company took some extraordinary steps to avoid work conflictions and keep the staff safe & healthy, protecting against COVID-19.
1) Continuously educated employees about COVID-19, its effects, and ways to protect oneself through presentations and emails.
2) Properly sanitized the entire office and temporarily deactivated biometrics.
3) Implemented a remote work policy for employees, that cover how & when you expect your team to be online or available to communicate (via email, Slack, or video call, for instance), and what deliverables each team member is responsible for.
4) Our organization used Cloud-based data-sharing tools that made it easier for employees to perform their tasks.
5) Employees who lacked skills or had never worked remotely; provided them training, systems, equipment, & other necessary facilities to work from home.
6) Built instant leave policies with beneficial support to employees who had health issues during the crisis.
In my opinion, businesses need considerable resources and critical skills; this will help them to stay in control and be organized during such a crisis.
I am a self employed pastor , this lock down has affected our gathering for service we can't do other wife to obey government order . It is has not really be easy on our side. The business of God work where we live from. Looking for financial loan to start up business to support the work of God and family.
I work for packaging industry, and according to my experience Covid-19 or coronavirus pandemic has had a considerable impact on the packaging industry. Self-isolation rules have resulted in short supply and event cancellations, and supply chains are looking to move sourcing away from China , and reconsidering materials used in packaging.