How do I optimize my website for SEO in 2019?
Which focus area is most important for SEO in 2019?
1 . Create high-quality content? Yes/but how? I'm not a writer. How do I check the quality?
2. The focus is on speed, mobile first? Important speed, it's very difficult to optimize for the new PageSpeed Insights - Google Developers.
3. How important are backlinks in 2019?
You are not the only one looking for the answer to these questions. Every year there is a lot of new things that SEO world adopt and many old things die.
Here is my answer to your question.
Ans 1. Follow the simple "Eagle eye concept for bloggers and SEO" to find data that will help you create highly engaging content. The easiest way to check the quality of the content is how engaging the content is.
Ans 2. Mobile first is the future. You can still rank higher with a mobile responsive site. Work on page speed to remove all render blocking scripts. Us tools link Pingdom and GTMetrix.
Ans 3. Backlinks are always relevant but in a natural way only. Do not fall for link exchange. Still, create link worthy content. Also, you can SEO strategies to build relationships that will help you boost organic traffic. As a link building expert, I know that link from sites with organic traffic will help you your site to gain authority.
Great question as SEO continues to evolve.
1. YES. Quality over quantity always. If you're not a writer, consider finding a freelancer or someone within your company that enjoys writing. Start with your focus keywords, or frequently asked questions from your customers and simply answer them in your blog post. At Thrive, we strive for 1,000+ words on our own blog posts, but a minimum best practice is 600 words. Within that, don't forget about bullet points, sub-headings and visuals to break up the content. Google also loves reader-friendly (skimmable) content. You can use tools from this list to make sure your content is original: https://thriveagency.com/news/free-plagiarism-checker-for-web-content/
And, grammarly.com offers a tool to give more insights like reading level.
2. Buckle up! Speed is very important and it will only get more important in 2019. We prioritize speed for user experience and mobile devices because if your website doesn't load in 3 seconds or less, you're probably losing a lot of website traffic — and customers! Unfortunately, you usually need to have a web developer help out with some of the optimizations as they can get pretty technical.
3. Backlinks and quality content are the most important things when it comes to SEO. If you want your website to rank above your competition, you need more backlinks and better content. There are a ton of other ranking factors, but backlinks are still important to include in your SEO strategy. You can use tools like Moz, ahrefs and SEMrush to perform a backlink analysis on your competitors for starters. Next, reach out to industry blogs and websites and ask if you can provide a blog post for them in exchange for a link. Don't forget about citations (business directories) like Google My Business or Yelp.
4. BONUS! Reviews. The quantity, average rating, and steady flow of new reviews are all important to consider here. Ask for reviews, either manually or through a review management tool like Rize Reviews (https://rizereviews.com).
Hope this helps!
In 2019, you must follow these techniques for Website SEO:
- Content Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Image & Infographic Marketing
These are the most important ways through which you can increase the traffic and ranking of your website. You must hire a professional writer who can analyze and write content for you. Also, you must add value to all these activities to the target audience and increase engagement.