How can I outrank my competitors in Google 3-Pack results?
Please let me know the steps involved in properly setting up my Google My Business profile so that I can outrank my competitors in Google 3-Pack results.
What additional activities do I need to perform to achieve greater results?
To outrank your competitors, you must be patient. Very patient. It takes time and there are no guarantees.
1. Create a good GMB page like https://medicalearpiercings.com with content relevant to your business. Include the equivalent of 3 or 4 blog posts. Ensure that it has all the keywords you need to rank. Also ensure that it has content that people are looking for when they search for your product or service. Include pictures in the photos section of the GMB profile. Use a service like this person to Geotag your images before posting. (use this they are very good https://www.fiverr.com/nikki_nln/geo-tag-your-images-for-you).
2. Purchase a custom domain name just like this person did https://myroswellpediatrician.com and ensure that the content matches what you are doing. In the domain area you will be able to either point the root domain or create a subdomain and point it to the Google My Business page.
3. Begin to create regular, preferable daily updates of your business with short videos or well designed images like those from this gig https://www.fiverr.com/nikki_nln/make-daily-google-my-business-posts-for-your-business.
4. Include something like instant chat and online booking on the GMB page. That tells Google that you are serious and it will also make people spend more time interacting with your GMB pages which will further improve your page's perceived value to Google.
5. List your business with url and description in numerous directories. Do not pay for the fluffy thing that many agencies and vendors offer. We did about 300 directories and that shot us super high in record time.
6. As soon as the directory listings are up, look for the top directories, get some backlinks created to those directory pages (NOT YOUR MAIN SITE PLEASE). The link juice will trickle down. Also get some directories to list the url to your Google Maps page.
7. Sit back, relax and generate simple back links maybe one per month to your GMB site from reputable sites.
With these and some luck, within 6 months, you will be topping the 3 pack.
8. Secret tip: make sure the url you choose has keywords and possibly city name/product name.
1) Utilize the crap out of Google My Business. Add services, products, service areas, everything. Make sure your description is long and informative, at least 600 words.
2) Make sure your business listing is identical everywhere, no typos. Name, address, phone number and website should match perfectly everywhere that your business is listed. Yext service does this automatically but it doesn't utilize the whole of a directory. I like to let yext take care of the little guys and do the bigger ones like google, bing, etc manually.
3) Post new pics to any directories that will let you pretty often.
4) Post to Google often.
5) Generate good reviews but not too many at once. They need to be authentic and informative. So getting a bunch of friends to leave reviews all at the same time will cause a red flag.
Do these things and optimize our website as best you can.
Hi Sarah, as much as possible, fill up all the necessary things in GMB, like business address, operation hours, service location, etc. Then list your business to directory sites like Yelp, the local the better and make your NAP consistent with all directories. Lastly, try to acquire good reviews from your previous clients and ask if its okay if they post it on your GMB.
If you have a budget you can try running Google Ads. You'll be able to put your business on top of the Google Search and Google Maps whenever someone is looking for the services or products that you are offering.