How can I use Quora for marketing my business?
I'm working on marketing for my new vacation rental business and some of my friends suggested to me by answering Quora questions related to your industry with a website link, it can help to increase organize traffic... will it really work? Have any of you tried forum posting as a method of marketing?
The secret of building your reputation on Quora is to answer questions in which you have a deep level of knowledge. Your own company is obviously a thing in which you have the expertise and that's where you could start. You should then look at the area your company focuses on and provide answers to questions related to that area. Remember that Quora is not about self-promotion but about providing the best answer to a specific question. The way you build your business with Quora is by helping the Quora community. Its members will eventually notice you and, hopefully, start using your services.
What you are referring to is called goodwill marketing. Answering questions is a good way of building goodwill and getting a stream of organic attention. The problem is that every vacation rental business is trying to answer questions on Quora and the number of questions relevant to the localities you deal with is likely to be quite low.
I would recommend an alternative: reach out to people who have a captured audience i.e. airline/tourism company/tour providers/cabbies and offer them a commission for getting people registered with you. This is the shortest route to higher revenue if you don't understand the advanced digital marketing stuff.
Hope this helps.
Here are some tips for marketing on Quora.
1. Answer questions
2. Do so daily to build some momentum
3. Keep your answers to content on Quora; don't link out too aggressively
4. Write content in Spaces on Quora
5. Post your answers to Twitter at the time you post answer to amplify the post's reach
6. Go to AHREFS and find the questions that have the most organic traffic related to your business and answer those questions. You can do this on the Top Pages tab after you go to Site Explorer for Quora
7. Use the best content you create on Quora and post to LinkedIn or your blog for additional reach
8. Take snippets of your content from Quora and post as an image on Twitter for additional reach
9. Film yourself answering questions on Quora and post those videos to YouTube
1. Create an optimal Quora profile.
2. Track topics with notifications.
3. Find the best questions to answer.
4. Answer a question with authority.
5. Re-answer questions you've answered in your blog (and link to your answer)
6. Build a Quora page for your business.
Quora is a high ranking site with a DA of 90. This is the best place to use your expertise to answer the question and build your backlinks. You will either get traffic from Quora or get a higher ranking from search engines.
In addition, you can advertise on this site, it's cheaper than Google or Facebook.