You can get in touch with companies who do Talent on Demand and generate initial cash. One of such company is hnqcs.com who provides turnkey IT solution to its clients in India and around the world.
To begin with you could make a name for yourself through online market places like http://www.designcrowd.com/ where you could showcase you ideas etc and get larger projects after you proven what you are interested in doing.
In my opinion these steps can help you get you offshore projects
1. SWOT analysis of competitors in your vertical
2. Domain Knowledge of the business you want get projects on
3. Actively Participation community,personal networking on social media [Linkedin,FB, Twitter]
Market leaders who have experienced offshore success have
painstakingly evaluated vendors and offshore destinations,
dedicated substantial time to upfront planning and expectation
management, and established built-in, clear communication
and transition processes. They also set realistic expectations
regarding both cost savings and project timelines.
it is a competitive market and it can be quite expensive.
You can go 2 ways:
- paid search (adwords, bing, linked in)
- Content marketing (create valuable content and set up a long term focused strategy)
The cheapest advertising platform in terms of PPC is Bing. Go on AdWords only after you have a good cash flow! it has great traffic but it needs rock solid landing pages