As a Mary Kay representative, what is the best way to start off my business?
I have been in Mary Kay for 4 months. I haven't made a sell yet. I don't have transportation to get around to clients, so I am trying to develop a stragety to attract customers a different way. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Send back your investment in Mary Kay … you need a home based business that you could build through social netwoking. I can help you with that.
The strength of Network Marketing is in the simplicity of the system to be duplicated; the simpler and the cheaper, the better. Have you thought about organizing events at your own place or approaching a beauty salon nearby to organize a demonstration? People like to be invited to parties. Make it a party. Let me know if you need anymore help.
Social media etc. are wonderful, but you are probably kidding yourself if you think you'll be able to fill orders or just answer the phone with orders. Some selling still benefits for cold calling but you have to have a very modern approach to it. Also, the art of in home selling is key. Assuming you can walk, how many potential customers are within your walking radius or public transportation. Your company will fill you with features and benefits of your products but that's not the most powerful way to sell...unfortunately id doesn't get taught in a paragraph or from random suggestions. Invest in yourself and you will see results.
It's never easy to start a new venture. Especially when it comes to finding customers. Many people have the false believe that once they start the business, customers will fly into the door because their product is so great and customers won't resist buying it from you. Well, the hard naked truth is that customers do resist...they need somebody to tell them that you're there...that you are selling the Mary Kay products.
You already received some great advise and although I didn't read all of them I may repeat what some people are saying:
1. Get yourself a mentor. As a multilevel network marketing company they provide you with this. I'm not sure if you would need to pay for that but usually you have somebody in your team that is responsible for you. This is the person to talk to, and get to mentor/ coach you.
2. Invite family members and friends over and ask them to bring 2 friends each along with them. Imagine you get 5 family members and friends coming along and everybody just brings one additional person. Suddenly you have a group of 10 people in your living room, sipping coffees and talking about make up and maskara.
3. Make this a regular event and invite old customers back and bring new ones with them
4. Join your weekly or monthly Mary Kay meetings to get new insights, new ways to market, promotional materials etc. If they don't offer this then see how many people are in your local group of Mary Kay reps and get them come together once a month or week to discuss above.
5. Be active on social media especially facebook/ pinterest and google+. Regular posts on your page should get people interested. If you invite people over or to a location near you (could be a bar/ restaurant/ hotel conference room/ conference centre/ church etc.) to meet with you face to face. You could hold a small presentation every week about the importance of certain products and why they are great for the skin, preventing certain diseases/ helping you feel better etc.
6. Look for other MLN reps that can help you. Many reps from other MLN companies have a great network of clients just make sure it's not in competition with them. If you sit down with them, they might be able to help you out if you are willing to do the same. I wouldn't go for Avon reps as they sell similar products than you do but any MLN company/ reps out there who are willing to sit down with you are not only potential customers, they also know potential customers and could become potential partner/ rep that you can work with.
I hope this is a bit helpful to you. Good luck in your venture.