Hi, I run a leading Digital agency in Birmingham, UK called Odyssey New Media (odysseynewmedia.com). We have over 11+ years experience with a specialism in SEO/PPC search marketing.
In my experience it is usually very difficult (but not impossible to move a .gov from page 1 of Google search.
1) SEO backlinks (links back to your website) - These are still overall the biggest ranking signal. One strategy I would recommend is to use a tool such as Majestic SEO (majesticseo.com) to extract and analyse the backlinks of the .gov site as well as all the other websites on page 1 of Google. Once you idenitify the quality sites, then go after them and try and get as many quality links to your website as possible.
2) Positive online PR - trying to get more mentions of your name on PR/news sites with a positive spin might be one way to try and push down the .gov website in question.
It will most likely be a long journey to oust a .gov site and even then there is no guarantee as Google does favour government websites.
I hope this helps you, if you need my services please don't hesitate to contact me on 07940420201 or rstoubos(at)odysseynewmedia(dot)com.
MD/Owner of Odyssey New Media
Sure you can do that and that will be possible with Reputation Management where you can post various positive reviews / articles of yourself on different social media channels and reviews website such as Yelp, Blog and others
This positive posting will push the negative to 2nd page and so on
To start with all the above we must strike the keyword which brings the negative to Google First Page and start pushing that to 2, 3 and finally to 10th page
Yes, dear, it is possible to push down a negative link on the .gov website. Here ar some points remember in considering or difficulty level in pushing down that .gov negative link:
• If the negative link is active
• Domain authority of the negative link
• Word of mouth about the negative link
• Interlinking of the negative link with other websites
If you want me to provide your detailed analysis on your targeted search term then please message me. I am glad to help you because i have more than 5 years of experience in online reputation management industry and handled numerous projects successfully.
Without seeing the actual SERP I don't know how anyone can make an honest comment one way or the other.
In general, nothing is impossible with the right effort and time. But to just go out and create "content/stuff" that you hope will push it down, much less keep it down, without a strategic plan can be a waste of time.
Band-aids are easy. Repairing a wound is different. If you are considering giving up, the problem sounds like it has been around a while.
There are a variety of .gov sites that have higher ranking status than others. I don't doubt progress can be made, but not knowing any details of the situation and saying, "Yes, sure you can", doesn't seem like an appropriate answer.
Yes you can do this. But as I understood from your question, you are talking about negative SEO right? Black Hat SEO will be harmful for your website.
And if you mean the website has negative reputation before and now you want to push on first SERP through white hat SEO, yes it is definitely possible. But it will take some time. https://techzostore.com/collections/seo
Yes, it is possible to push down .gov negative backlink on Google SERP but it takes some time.
And before seeing the search engine result page no one can give an exact answer.