Why might my website be creating impressions but not clicks?
As I am a developer, my website is optimized for on-page SEO. It is generating impressions in a few relevant keywords but not getting enough clicks, which stands at a ratio of 3.1% in comparison to total impressions. Do you have any suggestions to improve my SEO?
Change up the message that the customer sees when they see it. Edit your Title and first couple lines of the pages to get the customer engaged. You can try different tactics like appealing to value, emotion, etc. Find out what message works best for the thing they want to click on. Doing Google Ads and tracking how each message performs would get you faster data to compare to.
Your website might be generating a lot of impressions and not getting clicks. This is a common issue when your keywords have a low average position. I mean to say, only first few results of a search query get the clicks. Your keywords might be ranking of lower positions that do not attract visitors' interest.
Around 15% of the users click on Google ads and the rest of the 85% go the organic search results. Being said that even if you will check your Google WMT you will be able to check the average position of your keywords. You can also filter them by country, specific keywords and many other parameters.
I would like to give you a few suggestions that will help you to increase the CTR of your website and eventually improve your website's SERPs.
1. Please check your website's internal linking. Interlink all pages of your website semantically. This will help the link juice to properly flow.
2. Link to some high authority sources within your niche.
3. Keep posting high-quality content on your website and link back to the pages that are already ranking.
Hire an expert copywriter to write your page. ....
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can search your search engine for one.
1. What is the position of those impressions? Having a lot of impressions on lower result pages will give you a low CTR, you should look to improve the position result.
2. What is the snippet (meta description) than Google show of your site? The snippet is critical to get clicks, you want to have appealing snippets.
• Google shows up to 70 characters (including spaces) of a page's title in its search results. So keep the title of website 70 character or less.
• Google shows up to 160 characters (including spaces) of a page's meta description tag. So keep meta description of the page up to 160 characters.
• Incorporate rich snippets, especially authorship, breadcrumbs & published date.
• Snippet text with calls to action.
• But at the same time please look into the webpage loading speed. Loading speed might be very slow because of the CMS that has been used, the size of the images on the webpage and so on. because it might be the reason for no clicks on the webpage.