Why might my website be creating impressions but not clicks?
As I am a developer, my website is optimized for on-page SEO. It is generating impressions in a few relevant keywords but not getting enough clicks, which stands at a ratio of 3.1% in comparison to total impressions. Do you have any suggestions to improve my SEO?
1. What is the position of those impressions? Having a lot of impressions on lower result pages will give you a low CTR, you should look to improve the position result.
2. What is the snippet (meta description) than Google show of your site? The snippet is critical to get clicks, you want to have appealing snippets.
• Google shows up to 70 characters (including spaces) of a page's title in its search results. So keep the title of website 70 character or less.
• Google shows up to 160 characters (including spaces) of a page's meta description tag. So keep meta description of the page up to 160 characters.
• Incorporate rich snippets, especially authorship, breadcrumbs & published date.
• Snippet text with calls to action.
• But at the same time please look into the webpage loading speed. Loading speed might be very slow because of the CMS that has been used, the size of the images on the webpage and so on. because it might be the reason for no clicks on the webpage.