What's your experience with online ticketing?
I have a set of 4 questions:
1) Name 2 sites which cater to online ticket buyers and event managers and which site would you recommend to your friends?
2)please do share your experiences ( good or bad) about buying tickets online- be it sports, courses, seminars, events, corporate functions etc?
3) Would you prefer to buy tickets online or physically?
4) What challenges does one face buying tickets online?
Thanks in advance
1. Off the top of my head... Ticketmaster and LiveNation. Wouldn't really recommend either but they're necessary usually due to exclusivity.
3. Online. Why have to travel when something can be done anywhere?
4. Many. Getting good tickets for highly popular events is often a challenge. And even when it's possible to get tickets, the best seats are gone before I have the chance to purchase any. And most of these tickets are bought by scalpers or ticket agencies.
The best one and most user friendly and inexpensive is eventbrite, they also have mobile apps so you can work well with them on the go. It is www.eventbrite.com
I have done approximately 8 event events with them. You can customize tickets and purchase pages, including, end of sale, price, descriptions, etc... These events were, parties and performances. I like selling tickets online as it cuts down on expenses and the hustle and bustle. It allows you to create many different tickets, so you can cater to all customers from the early birds, to VIP. The challenges depend on the demographic you are serving, Although I don't know who doesn't have a debit or credit card these days.
I think the best & reliable platform is ZenTix as it allows us to customise the tickets easily & simply and also manage the events.
1. I use Python Events for my ticket seller (www.pythonevents.io) this is because they allow you to keep 100% of your booking fees. Which has generated me ALOT more income since switching from Eventbrite. And also they offer a full white label service which makes my company look way more professional.
2. Buying tickets online, I am not going to lie I have been stung in the past! But with merchant companies like Stripe etc, they are cracking down now on high-risk event companies, etc. making buying tickets online a much safer place than 2/3 years ago!
3. I actually prefer to buy tickets online now, just for the total ease of it all! And now with E-Ticketing services (python events also provide this). This allows customers to simply turn up with a barcode on their smartphone, without the worry of losing a ticket, or someone forging tickets!
4. I guess error in the system, getting caught up in ridiculous wait queues, events selling out before getting your turn to buy.