Can a business operate by only offering virtual assistance?
Is it okay for a business to only offer email contact or Skype chatting? I'm Swedish and don't feel completely comfortable speaking English. However, I can comprehend English when in writing better than speaking out loud.
'online marketing jobs' involve mostly writings and could be an inspirative point of source for your to check...Best luck,
Yes. I say this for a reason. Not only is it difficult to work with overseas clients any other way in a small business, but as a contractor that worked for a year in a telecommuting position I know for a fact there are many businesses that run employees only virtually ( or mainly virtually) in the marketplace these days.
Best way to answer this question is to use a real-life experence. So years ago I was in Atlanta at a Telecommunications industry tradeshow. While at the Atlanta Airport I had a conversation with a young Swedish Sales Manager, who was attending a Ship Container tradeshow. His quality of English was excellent. But he never liked to negoitate contracts in English, because he stated that the spoken language only accounts for 85% of the actual understanding. The devil is in the details of the metaphor of the remaining 15%. So bottomline, significant challenge oferring virtual assistance.
Hi Jeanette! I say we live in a Digital world...for other countries it is okay and for other countries in order to operate virtually you must have a physical office...so it depends to you as in to which geographic area is you business into and what are the laws regarding web-stores.
I am 57 years old. I want to talk with someone and hear the fix to my problem. If your target market are people under 40 you might get away with it, but I feel older people want the reassurance of a voice.
You'd gotten so much spot-on advice, Jeanette, I'll only add this. Skype can actually enhance the service you provider clients.
I run a community for buyers who want to leverage their time by outsourcing. I always ask clients to jump on a Skype for a clarifying call before I source their providers. The chat with me helps them to clarify their desires and goals. We record it so we both can refer back to it for guidance. I also provide that recording to Providers so they hear 'from the horse's mouth' what the client wants with all the nuance and inflections.
Skype chatting will give you many of those benefits. What I've learned after 20+ years of consulting is that clients want the solution you offer and aren't so particular about how you do that, so long as it works. Good luck on designing your life the way you want.
I think you can make use of your english to facilitate marketing in your local market since you know swedish market , you can communicate better for outside companies to give better picture of your market , you can benifit from outside companies targeting your market .
Yes it's possible! I even like the suggestion from Mike. Find companies that may be interested in entering Swedish markets.
I am also open to exploring the opportunity of entering Swedish market with my own services. Do let me know how we can take this discussion further? Skype?
I think that depending on your business area, virtual assistance can actually work better, given enough materials such as visuals and correct data formats (relevant for your business operation). Quite often I spend a few hours discussing a project on the phone or in person, just to finalize the appointment by requiring some screenshots or visual prototype to be emailed to me, so yes it is completely feasible to operate virtually for assistance.
Hope this helps