Should I continue SEO after I achieve good rankings?
Once I achieve good rankings, is it necessary I maintain the same SEO practices? There isn't much competition in my field so I'm not worried about getting knocked down. Will that work?
Yes you should continue SEO, Search about "Adaptive SEO"
" There isn't much competition" .. yet !!?! .. continue expanding you site and add KW niches regularly. Create 5 new postss a day targetting new KW'S .. also target locations (use postalcode), consider typo's by users and create posts that target these typo's. Make sure you are Schema.org optimized (and JSON-LD). Continue learning new things. Have u targeted (already all) long tail keywords ? .. once u have traffic work on your conversion rate. Some keywords convert better than others.. analytics .. Bye Marjan .. from Eddy in The Netherlands
Hi Marjan Adams,
You have highlighted a very important question that often looms around the mind of several webmasters. Let me shed some light on it. Firstly, you need to understand why you should continue SEO on your website even after ranking number 1 in search results:
• There is a basic notion that nothing is permanent. If you do not paddle hard, someone would overtake you eventually. The same goes for SEO. While become number one in ranking you might have overtaken several businesses. Now being at number one, you are one of those businesses that other might be looking to overtake. This is why you must never ease off despite being at number one position.
• Another fact that many businesses fail to address is that Google regularly updates its algorithms. If you do not take cognizance of those update, then you might become a sitting duck and eventually lose the top spot.
• The Google ranking nowadays is all about informative content, and it is being generated every day. If you do not update your website regularly with relevant content, its information might become redundant in the near future, which might bring penalties from Google.
Now that you have the basic idea about why we must continue with SEO even after ranking number one, let us go through the necessary steps to avoid such situation.
• Make sure that the page is optimized for clicks, by writing a meta description that would entice users to click on the link.
• Improve internal as well as external linking, but ensure that those links are of high quality only.
• Monitor your website speed as Google has started to penalize a website that do not load faster.
• Make you website responsive so that users have an identical experience on different devices.
• Keep your website updated with fresh content so that the information you provide is always relevant and does not become redundant.
If you follow all these tips, then you would not have any problem in retaining the top spot in search rankings. If you want any further help, you can contact me with your queries anytime.
sure. there is a lot of competition to achieve proper search results in google, and even when you think you are at the point, you should always keep moving and SEO you professional profile and your public profile as much as you can. however, you should always bear in mind that proper SEO is not the key to financial or business success, so you have to invest in R&D, planning, p. management, coaching, and showcasing your work, getting your own place in the business field
SEO is not like Adwords or PPC (Pay Per Click) - you cannot just turn on/off SEO - it does not work like that.
Yes, Its is very necessary to maintain top SERP(Search Engine Result Page). You should keep working on your tools and technique used for seo ranking. As we all know major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing repeatedly changes their algorithm to provide accuracy and relevant search results. So time to time we should alert for new changes and add needful accordingly.
You should add/edit and highlight the content of your website in meta. It will give you more effective results.
Happy New Year!
No, if your cool with sliding into that soft "good night".
Otherwise, go dominate your space! KILL IT!
Great, today you don't have "much competition". A strong local SEO expert can dump you like a bad habit. If that's below the new Top3...you are F....ed!
Ask your Local SEO to improve the authority of your website, its links, citations, blogs, social media, etc. (yeah, I know it is a lot).
Are you up for all of this? Or do you have a business to run? Seriously, do you have hours every day to bungle around with, arguably, the strongest marketing vehicle since the printing press?
Just pay the man.
I agree with everyone here and I believe you have very good incentives to maintain your SEO efforts. Could you scale back on a couple of things that may be under performing? Yes, you should definitely take stock of how you achieved your current ranking status, and test other strategies that you haven't considered.
You should always keep in mind that the market can change or shift at anytime for any reason. Maintaining your SEO practices means you're offering fresh content, keeping up with market trends, and making sure your competition doesn't gain ground with their SEO campaigns.
By the way, your competition is probably keeping a good eye on you now that you've reached the top.
I read an article this morning, and one of the growing determining factors affecting our SEO efforts and results, is the search behaviors of our target market. What if the content you offer becomes dated or isn't as engaging as before. Your website will probably begin to suffer from an analytics standpoint due to user activity, and any algorithm update could cause your rank to slip dramatically. (Source: 5 Trends In Local Search in 2015, Jason Decker. Search Engine Land)
Keep up the great work, and you'll continue to benefit from your efforts.
100% yes. SEO is not a one time thing and you need to consistently implement and execute best practices to keep up top. Also, there are probably many other key words and phrases (long and short tail) that you would like to rank for as well. You truly risk dropping down the SERPS if you don't have an ongoing plan.
Even if you have one more contender in your field, you wouldn't like your position to be replaced with them. If you're not on top, someone else will. So, maintain your SEO practice. It doesn't have to be aggressive though.