What are some keywords that can raise the Google ranking of my new website?
My website is for Yoga & Mediation Teacher Training and Retreats. What kind of keywords should be used to raise the rank of the website in search engines? Or more specifically, what can be added to the Wordpress website template to rank quickly? Thank you for your advice.
I hope I am not too late!
Make sure that the template you use is Responsive, light (not bloated with unnecessary features) to make sure your site loads fast, start focusing on your local target (your area). Now, you have two root keywords, Yoga, and Mediation, then you have training and retreats. This will not make it easy but doing keyword research first will give you a good idea on which keyword you need to focus on and make a primary keyword, and which one would be the secondary keyword.
Ask yourself the following:
Am I a Yoga teacher first, or
Am I a Mediation teacher first, or
Am I a Yoga trainer first, or
Am I a Mediation trainer
Also, what about the word 'Retreats'?. Do you have a retreat where someone would need to go to?
So the more you know about yourself and what is the main 1 service you want to offer, the easier it would be to target and rank!
Keyword (this is just an example)
If you are a Yoga Teacher, then something like 'Yogateacher.com' will suffice. If you are targeting customers in your locale area, then something like 'location+yogateacher.com' if you are in the US. If you are in UK, or another country where you might need to use .uk (or any other TLD) then go ahead and do it.
Note: you don't really need to use Hyphens especially if you are thinking about your prospects and users easily remembering or typing your URL.
Again, the above is just an example to maybe give you an idea about the domain name but keyword research first would be needed.
Hosting: If you are targeting customers in your area, in UK for example, then make sure that your site is hosted in UK and not in the U.S. (choose your data center location according to the country you want to target).
There are many things to consider before even choosing a domain, hosting, and so on, and unfortunately, space and time does not permit me to provide you with all the detail, but you are welcome to ask and will do my best to answer and assist you!
Choose best keywords with keyword research tool, Get such tool from sites like SEOclerks.
I am Online Digital Marketing Exp. with over four years of experience in providing Online Digital Marketing .We are expert in making your product a brand name, increase your website visibility and of course your sales. We are committed to provide complete satisfaction to its client with quality work. We have been serving to lots of our clients since last Four Years and to be very honest we have never let them down. Be assured we will never let you down too about SEO for your website. Also we ensure you to deliver our quality work within your budget and in line to your expectations.
Approach to the Job:
We have gone through the details posted by you on mosaichub regarding the SEO Work and we are confident that we have the expertise to execute the job over and above your expectations.
We would like to make free analysis of your website so that we would be able to gauge clear understanding of your website. I would appreciate if you could provide some basic information for quick short Analysis:
• Kindly share your website URL.
• Last Changes done in your website?
• Technology used in your website (PHP, .NET, CMS...Etc)?
• What is the nature of your major website traffic? (Organic, Inorganic, Referral) …
• Website keywords (If any) …
• Prioritize your expectations from your Website (Traffic, Business, Visibility, Branding, and Keywords Ranking) …
• Will you let us find business potential & traffic oriented keywords for your website….
• Are you ready to make changes in your website for SEO? …
• Will you provide website credentials?
• How many keywords would you like to see on top of Google Searches?
• On page recommendation will be fulfilled or not?
• Do we have permission to modify website content according to keywords?
We are expert in Keyword research and website analysis. We assure you to give exact time frame for all targeted keywords. We focus on Business Potential Keywords for the website so that our client would get their business inline their expectations. We basically work for Conversation of business.
We assure you to take your website on Top in all Search Engine Searches with Number of Business Potential Keywords (High traffic oriented). Also we are very much concerned and focused to maintain quality of our work.
Why Hire Us?
• We are expert in our work and used to set realistic Goals.
• We are expert in lead generation and quality traffic to the website.
• We are honest and believe in transparency with our clients.
• We used to educate our clients for better understanding of their project.
• We used to update our clients with the Google Updates by regular brain storming sessions.
• We believe in “under promise and over deliver” approach.
• We understand deep requirements of our clients and deliver results over and above their expectations.
We really want to take your business to a benefiting stage. We hope to have a long term business relationship with you in upcoming future.
Please do let us know in case of any query for your reference so that i along with my technical team can put light on the same.
skype - sujit.seoservices
I use all the techniques I've discovered over the past 5 years below - through hard work failure and great success so through sweat, tears and rejoice i know these work.
Think of keyword themes per page not single keywords - that you'll cover the long tail keywords as part of your theme.
Start with the top level keywords and allocate them to a web page.
But first your domain choice is crucial as is the way you layout the keywords in each page.
1. Website could be yoga-meditation-teacher-training. Now I'm not sure where you are but if in the uk .co.uk would be good
Break them down around
There will be quite a few - the top ones would be
Raja yoga meditation
Sahaja yoga meditation
Yoga nidra meditation
Yoga and meditation retreats
Yoga meditation music
Yoga meditation youtube - you could add a video to this page
Core power yoga
Yoga for beginners
Yoga weight loss
Types of yoga
Yoga meditation for beginners
Yoga meditation techniques
Yoga meditation holidays
I'd start with the keywords that include yoga and meditation
Now i use an online software called awr cloud - about £20/mth
Load all the above keywords into awr cloud and point it at your website.
This will tell you
- what the ppc value is if less than £5 then there is low competition so you should rank
- it'll tell you the monthly volume - go for those with 100/mth or more
Build each page around each keyword as follows - eg yoga meditation music
1. The website url needs to be
Straight away your url is very keyword focused
2. Web site title
Needs to be keyword (kw) focused and emotional to catch attention and cause the web browser to click on your site in google search
Yoga Meditation Music - Find Peace Within - Meditation Music for Yoga
3. Meta description - only use the keyword once AND make it stand out by using >>> and !!! Make sure its exactly 156 letter long - I did not count the letters and spaces in my example
The meta description will show under your title line on google search so its key !!
Also drive a call to action
Want to find your inner peace - YES??? > Our Yoga Mediation Music is like No Other >>> Contact Us Today >>> ALL ages Welcome to our Meditation Yoga
You know what you're targeting so modify the title and meta desc – but keep the keywords where ive placed them and use the ??? And >>>
4. On page keyword placement and density is key
Place yoga meditation music (ymm) in bold as a title to the page - label this with a H1 header
5. Copy your meta description word for word and place it in bold towards the top of the page
Google has a habit of showing what it thinks is more relevant page content in place of your well crafted meta description in search - this is all very well but not at all eye catching
This can be overcome by sticking your meta desc at the top,of the page to help ensure google shows your meta desc
6. Add ymm towards the front of the first 2 paragraphs of your content and in the very last paragraph.
7. Add ymm maybe 1 or 2 more times through out the page
8. Add variations and parts of ymm thought the page
music for meditation
Ie play with word variations
Words with the same meaning
Same word different form eg musical / meditate
9 use http://tools.seobook.com/general/keyword-density/
When you've uploaded your page run it through http://tools.seobook.com/general/keyword-density/
What you'll need to see is
- single keyword column
Ie 5% ish and less google will not be clear on your theme any more and its spammy
- double kw column
Yoga meditation 5%
Meditation music 5%
Yoga music 5%
- 3 kw column
Yoga meditation music 5/7 %
9. Create a google plus page and link it to thud page - and - link this page to your google plus page
10. Use small kilo byte images and make sure the alt tag includes the key word
11. Have at least 5 pages to your web site
12. Add menu links and links inside your content so that all pages are linked to each other
13 add articles to reputable sites / forums / blogs and link to your site
Do this slowly otherwise it'll look like link spamming
And keep it genuine ie good articles relevant
14 build you tube videos relevant to each oage and link to the you tube site from your web site and visa versa - also host the video on your page but make sure its not too big a kilo byte in size
15 register your site on google web master
Think thats it :)
Hi Sarvottam, according to my experience ...in order to raise Google ranking you should first define keywords from your niche and then start working on process of optimization. You can define your words by using Google Planner, or Google suggestion option just to get a clue what kind of words you can use. There are lots of tools on the internet which can help you in a selection of that group of words. Long tail keywords are also very important if you want to create a quality content on your website. One tool which can help you a lot in this process is http://ubersuggest.org/. It can give you ideas about your keywords. And don't forget...in order to attract visitors to your site you must prepare a good content, because CONTENT IS KING :).
Sarvottam, I would not worry about rankings at all. focus first on your local area. If you can get 10 people to sign up for a Yoga or Meditation Teacher Training course, they become your marketing army. Focus on building your initial business organically. You will NEVER EVER be able to depend on Google or any other search engine to have your best interests at heart. If your business relies in it...you are screwed.
When I first moved to Asheville, I went to every marketing company in town and introduced myself and said I run a web design company. I would love for them to consider me for any projects that come through their door. At that time, I had created
The first year was a little slow, but the leads came in. The second year was better, and the third was great. Yoga is a relatively saturated marketing for SEO. Social Media, local alliances, and creative marketing are going to be your least expensive and best allies.
NOW...that isn't to say you can't add your company to Google Business Listings for Yoga. That is a quick way to show up. There are several quick and easy ways to show up. Probably a lot faster than counting on Google to rank your own site at the top.
The best advice I can give is to detail your customer explicitly. Then think of terms that they would be using to find you. Then write your content to include such terms, so Google matches you with what they are looking for. That is 25% of the battle. The other 75% is building your website's popularity so Google thinks you are not only relevant in terms of content, but popular enough that Google should suggest your website to the search user over your your competitors..
You can get more specific high quality searchable keywords which can be easy to rank in google search engine by analyzing in google adwords keyword planner tool. You can target long tail keyword which can be so easy to rank rather than short tail keywords.
Ranking quickly isn't easy as all your pages have to be indexed by the search engines. But what you can do is use Google Keyword Planner, and enter words like yoga, meditation, yoga retreats, meditation retreats and anything you think someone might search that's relevant to what you are selling. Find the keywords with good search volume (over 1000) and with competition levels at low. Pull those keywords out and write highly valuable or interesting articles and blog posts around one keyword. Make sure the KW density is between 3%-5% but don't KW stuff the article. Either post that to your blog or to a highly trafficked article directory. If it's longer than 400 words (and I recommend that), post it on your site. Often articles and blog posts will rank much faster than entire websites. For example, I've been ranked on the first page of Google in various spots for 8 critical keywords. Because the competition for those is low, it allows your content to be more relevant than what's ranked there now. If you don't want to write them, you can find great writers on sites like Odesk or Elance that can get them to you quickly. I have a writer than writes 30 articles a month for me ongoing. Each focuses on KWs I give him. And it only takes 10-14 days to rank for those articles. Once they click on your article or blog post, they are on your site so ensure your site is optimized to convert and to list build. So if you aren't giving away a highly valuable course, guide, or short eBook, you need to add that to your site as well. List building is critical to your long term success obviously.
1. Using Wordpress the best SEO plugin is Wordpress SEO by Yoast.
2. Conduct a competitive analysis. Using a number of tools like Moz, SEOQuake, Market Samurai to to analyze your competitors' websites for their keywords.
3. Utilizing Google's Keyword Planning Tool to learn about volume of searches for keywords and prospective keywords.
4. Create a single-word keyword tree based on target audience, service and service-related variations and location.
5. Pull together single words from your keyword tree to build 2-3 and 4+ word keyword strings combinations.
6. Select a focus keyword or keyword string for each page of your site, then organically write your copy for the page based on the focus keyword and associated strings.