What are the best social media sites to connect with business professionals?
I want to start a blog to get ideas on what other sites should I join to have network with business professionals to help them promote their businesses by introducing our services to them.
its only 4 major top social media sites that build Your brand to promote your business
LinkedIn and Twitter. Google Plus is up and coming as well.
1) Likedin - doesn't need an explanation, I believe
2) Xing is effective for German market (but it's very desirable for you to speak German then)
3) Viadeo - French. I'm personally not of very high opinion about it, but probably I just wasn't lucky enough.
4) Mosaichub is gaining popularity, as I see :-)
I would suggest you start with LinkedIn. By going to LinkedIn, you can connect with your target audience and you can start posting useful content (updates and articles) on how you can help them promote their businesses. On my end, I'm not afraid of trying to provide useful advice for free, since it builds trust.
Linkedln is my first choice, then Google+, facebook, I recommend you find forum to join also.
It is easy to connect with business professional's in a Hi5 way. Some of them are -
5. Mosaic Hub
I get really good click through results through our blog with Google Plus. I don't interact much on Google Plus except for posting my blog posts and I still get traffic for it.
You can also look into the Long Form Publishing where you can write your blog on Linkedin and publish it to Linkedin.
To start writing your article simply click the pencil in your ‘Share an update’ box on your home screen.
You will be taken to a screen to compose your post. You can hyperlink text, embed videos and add photos.
Once you’re finished you can Save, Publish or Preview.
Best social media, hands down for B2B, is LinkedIn. Learn from the pro, Frank Rambuskas, Never Cold Call Again.
Google him. He can teach you all about navigating through LinkedIn.
I have used Facebook and Twitter, myself but there are so many others out these days.
Which ever you choose, please remember to take their business tutorials, you will need to pay attention not only to their format, but their content restrictions as well. It is easy to forget how to put your content in the terms that will be excepted.
Social media means strict;y soft sell, so be inquisitive on how to last out the storms.
I use LinkedIn to make connections. When I come across people who inspire or stand out, I send a personal message to them letting them know :-) Most people will respond and you can spark up a conversation from there, if possible.
1) Google+ - More specifically Google+ communities. I think Google+ has a nice balance between personal and professional updates making it somewhat easy to make connections.
2) LinkedIn - Although people seem to be open to invitations here from my experience its a bit hard to really connect with people in LinkedIn. But professionals tend to visit it often so you're chances are better.
3) Niche communities - Business professionals is a bit broad term, depending on your service you can look into a niche websites.
LinkedIn is the best professional website. But there are also many other websites likes Opprtunity, PartnerUp, Meetup.,etc
I would also recommend http://www.reelseo.com for online marketing (get invilved in discussions.
LinkedIn. But also consider using Google+, Meetup, and Twitter. Facebook can be a great resource as well if you know how to use it.
It really depends on your target audience.
LinkedIn is great but every profession has its own trade pubs/ organizations.
Get narrow and go deep.
If you're targeting marketing professionals you would go to AdWeek, AdAge, American Marketing Association and Social Media Today.
I think you will find serious business professionals in LinkedIn.. otherwise mosaicHUB is also good :)