Here's an article from Moz I recommend for getting a basic understanding of where to start with SEO: https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo
I can advise a great company that helped me in my business. I am a beginner, so I entrusted the work of promotion to specialists in this matter. I recommend!
You must create some unique articles, make the website mobile-friendly, easy and fast loading, and build some backlinks.
If you are working with a new website, try to find low competitive keywords. Keywords having SEO difficulty less than 10, and allintitle result in less than 10-50. Then make your content with that keyword according to the Google SEO Guide (https://backlinko.com/google-seo-guide), I think you rank your site quickly.
Most SEO basic are:
1. Keyword Research
2. On-page optimization
3. Off-page optimization
-Optimized meta title and meta description (use your primary keyword in metas naturally)
-Provide fresh and unique content that according to user and search intent
-Be careful while adding primary keywords in the content - don't stuff them, use naturally
-Use optimized images with proper alt text
There is a lot of good answers here! I am going to favorite this post.
1) Supposedly keyword content doesnt matter so much anymore but as far as I can tell, it does. When you are describing a thing, make sure you use at least 300 words, 600 is better. Try to make it make sense. If it's less than 300 words, Google will assume you dont know your stuff. It's ok to break it down into a few sections, so long as they are on the same page.
2) Website speed! compress your images before uploading them to the site.
3) I also like to embed keywords and descriptions in the images. Don't know if this helps much but pretty much noone does it.
4) Link to important pages in your footer.
5) Create a separate page for every service or product that you want to focus on and give it a a menu position.
6) Do a lot of research. There is tons of info on this topic on the web.
7) If you are using a platform like WordPress, limit your plugins. Find the plugin that does several things you need instead of a plugin for each.
8) If you have extra themes installed that aren't being used. Get rid of them.
9) Make edits to the site often. Refresh images, add content, rewrite content, etc. Give Google a reason to look again.
Thats just a few thoughts.
5 Simple SEO Tips for Better Rankings:
1. Optimize titles, URL and descriptions
2. Provide useful and fresh content
3. Improve your website’s loading time
4. Make sure that your website is mobile-friendly
5. Register your website with Google and Bing webmaster tools
- Focus on page load speed
- Focus on overall on-page optimization
- Always write content taking into consideration the target audience first and search engine second
- If you are focusing on local SEO - work on building citations, google my business, reviews on local directories
- Invest time + efforts and create some guest posts
Let me know if you have any specific questions.
The most basic thing for SEO should be on-page factors, it does not only include metadata, but it also includes managing the interface of your website in such a way that it retains user and become user-friendly for them.
The name of your web site, the old saying first impressions last rings true here. So through SEO, get to the top position in search, but the name should be related to your web site subject and appeal to people so that they click on your link.
1. Optimize the loading speed of the website.
2. Optimize title tag, meta tags by including keywords.
3. Optimize images by adding an alt tag.
4. Research keywords and include them in the content.
5. Use heading tag (h1, h2, h3).
Without knowing exactly what type of business you're running (assuming your goal for increasing rankings is rankings & traffic & conversions & revenue), then your best bet is to make sure you have a super-fast site with content (articles or inventory) that perfectly matches the intent of people searching and from there pursuing more online authority in your industry (primarily in the form of links). I hope that's helpful!
Also, SEO isn't something you can shortcut and it's really becoming an all-or-nothing game.